Twelve

Hunters room ---->

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, did I wake you?" I said sadly over the phone.

"Oh no, not at all. I'm up." Tyler lied.

"I can hear it in your voice Tyler." I laughed. "You sound drugged."

He chuckled. "Okay yeah, I just woke up. What's up?"

"Never mind, you were sleeping. Sorry to bother you." I was ready to hang up but he stopped me.

"No, it's cool, really. My mom would have been telling me to get my butt up soon anyway."

I laughed before taking on a somber tone. "Do you think you could do me a huge favor and come and pick me up?"

"Of course, where are you?"

"Just off of ocean."

"What are you doing out there?" He said with true curiosity.

"It's a long story that I don't want to repeat."

"Of course, I won't pry."

"Thanks." I smiled sadly.

"Yeah, be there in a few." As his end of the line went dead I put my head in my hands and did what I had been holding back.

I cried. And I cried hard. I could someone who never even belonged to you hurt you so much? And by the simplest of things imaginable. He thought kissing me was the biggest mistake of his life, didn't even sugar coat it, just flat out said it. I was hurt, humiliated, I felt like a small child for even thinking I had a chance with a guy like him. What was wrong with me? He and Ellie were made to be together. I mean he was everything a guy wanted to be and she was everything a girl wanted to be. They were going to get married, buy a big fancy house, start a family, ad live happily ever after while everyone stood there and silently envied them for having the life they so desperately wanted.

Coming to this conclusion only made me cry harder. I was naïve and foolish, just like the child he said I was. I was almost seventeen, and he was nearly twenty. We could never be together, I wasn't the kind of girl he was looking for, he'd said it himself more a less, I just wasn't his type, to be more correct, breed. I was just some thing not worthy of his attention. I felt like crap, and I was pretty sure that at the moment, I looked like it too.

I managed to get myself together before Tyler got to me. By the time he did, I already had on the biggest smile I could muster.

"There she is!" He smiled.

"Hey."

He smiled. "Hiy."

"Hey Hiy." We both laughed.

"Thanks for picking me up. I'm glad you're lazy enough to have a car." I joked.

"Right, complement and insult me in the same sentence." He laughed.

I smiled. "I wouldn't be me if I didn't."

"Touché." He smirked. "And may I say that you look really nice today."

"Thanks, today was the first day at my internship down at the firm."

"Oh really. How was it?" I gave him a look and he laughed. "That bad."

I sighed. "It was the first day, so it was really just a lot of talking."

He laughed. "Well you sound super enthusiastic!" He joked.

I gave him a dirty look, unable to keep the smile off my face. "Well it pays really well, especially when it's just an internship."

He nodded. "I guess that's good reason to endure the bore." He looked at me sideways, trying not to smile.