Eighteen

"I honestly don't know why you put up with him." Sarah commented. Sarah, Hunter and I were walking along the strip.

Hunter and I were holding hands. "Because, unlike you Sarah, she really cares about me."

Sarah scoffed. "I care way too much about you to be frank."

"She really does." I rolled my eyes just thinking about how defensive she could get when it came to her older brother.

He smirked. "Do you love me little sis?"

"No. You're an ass to my best friend." Her face was serious. I laughed. Hunter pushed her playfully. "I'm kidding." She finally laughed.

"Nice save." He rolled his eyes.

I held in to his arm with both hands and rested my head on him while we waited in line for the skywheel. It seemed like every time I tried to ride it, something happened and I would end up losing my ticket.

We finally made it to the front and gave the ticket lady ours. "Sarah, are you riding with us?" I asked.

She debated for a moment and then shrugged. "Looks like I'm a third wheel on the skywheel. Yay me." She said lamely. She sat down across from us. Hunter wrapped his arm around me as I leaned into him.

He laced his fingers in mine. "So, I was thinking, since you're leaving next week and you're birthday is coming up, we could skip town and go somewhere."

"What about Ellie?" I frowned.

"I think I can keep her busy." Sarah smiled, I hadn't realized she was listening. Hunter and I both cocked a brow. "Believe me, I can."

"Our parents?"

"Maggie, it's not like you too weren't close before you started dating. Just tell them the truth."

"And keep Ellie in the dark?" I asked.

"That bitch deserves it." Hunter gave her a look. She shrugged. "I'm just speaking my mind."

"Yeah well try to do it less often." He rolled his eyes and turned his attention back to me. "So it's settled then yes?"

I shrugged, I felt bad about lying to Ellie like that, but what the hell?! I nodded. "I guess so."

He kissed me gently. "Why do you look sad?" I shrugged, keeping my eyes on my hands. "Babe, look at me," he tipped my chin to his. "What's wrong?"

I shrugged. "I just don't like going behind her back like this. Why can't you just break things off with her?"

He frowned, brushing my bottom lip with his thumb. "I told you I'm working on it."

"I know, I know." I sighed. He cupped my face in his hands and kissed me softly, his tongue trailing my bottom lip. I deepened the kiss, leaning into him, already forgetting my worries, only he had that affect on me.

"Yeah, I should have definitely tagged on with strangers." Sarah finally spoke.

I blushed and pulled away. He tried to kiss me again, but I stopped him. He rolled his eyes. "Thanks Sarah."

"Sorry, I think I started gagging a little." She responded.

I snickered and buried my face in Hunter's side, doing my best to hide my blush.

I started including her in conversation so that she didn't feel left out.

"So when and where are you guys going?" She asked. We were close to our ride being over now.

"Wherever and whenever she wants to go." He said smiling. "But I want to go before your birthday. I don't want to have to share you. Especially not with this one." He nodded towards Sarah and I laughed.