Forty-seven

"You've got some nerve showing your face around these parts." Hunter dragged Alex off by his collar. I followed after him worriedly, people were still starring.

"What, you guys didn't invite me to the party, thought I'd stop by, say hi, that's all." He smiled as he shrugged him off.

Hunter's hand snapped back as his fist collided with his bottom lip, splitting the skin.

"Hunter!" I exclaimed as I reached for him.

"What the hell man?! Who the heck are you!"

"Sarah's older brother." He snarled.

Realization dawned on his face, but he hid it well. "And that gives you the right to go around bouncing people and then punching them in the face?! You're damn lucky I don't press charges!"

I gawked. "Do you really wanna go there?"

"Hey, I remember you." He winked. He was a complete douce bag.

"You listen here you scum bag," hunter grabbed him up by his shirt. "If I ever catch you anywhere near my house or my sister, I will beat you into unrecognition." He said venomously.

He laughed. "Is that a threat brother bear?"

"It's a promise." He breathed wickedly. I could tell it was taking every bone and fiber in his body to keep from doing something drastic.

"Hunter, come on, just leave him out here, he's not worth it." I tugged on his arm. He dragged him out to the sidewalk and I was now pulling on his arm, people stood from the front steps waiting on a fight they hoped would happen.

He shoved him back and have him the most degrading look I had ever seen. "Get out of here before I have to break your face in."

"What, scared off a fight big boy, come on, give me your best hit."

"Hunter ignore him." I was still pulling him towards the house, he was hardly protesting, almost letting me pull him away from what he so badly wanted to finish.

"You're just as scary as your sister, always afraid of a little fun." He laughed.

And on that, Hunter broke away from me, going after him. "You son of a-"

"Hunter stop! Stop!" I tried to pull the guys apart to no avail, my small frame was no match for the two guys. Everyone stood around watching and having a good time while doing so too.

I ran inside and back downstairs to where the guys still were. The fight needed to be broken up before someone called the cops.

"Bug! Oh my, come!" I breathed raggedly.

The guys looked up with laughter still in their eyes. "What?"

"Hunter, he got into...a fight."

At that, all three of his friends ran back upstairs and outside with me. They managed to pull the two brawling dudes apart.

"I'll murder you! You hear me! I will murder you if you ever go near her again!" Hunter yelled at a struggling Alex.

Alex spit blood from his mouth and laughed. "You think you scare me!" His bottom lip was swollen and blood dripped down the side of his mouth, he had a small cut on the bridge of his nose.

"Guys! Guys, break it up!" Bug stepped between the two, pushing Hunter back towards the house. "Hey man, get out of here before we call the cops." He said in shortness of breath.

"Whatever." He spit again. "Screw you Sarah! You hear me! Screw you!" He yelled as he walked backwards away from the house.

I turned to see her standing among the crowd that had grown. She had a silent tear slipping down the side of her cheek.