Twenty-seven

"Mmm, I don't think I've ever tasted Alfredo that was this good." I savored its creamy taste in my mouth.

"Some of the finest cuisine was established here." Hunter'a dad, Marvin, smiled.

"I mean, seriously, why is it SO good?!"

The guys both laughed. "Well I'm glad you like it."

"Do I?!"

When we were done eating they asked me if I wanted to do a little shopping or something. Right now, I just wanted a hot shower. The drive to Florence was a little long. I had at first been carrying a conversation with them, but I couldn't help it, I was just so friggin tired!

When I finally woke up, I was in a warm bed. Confused, I sat up and looked around, a little disoriented at first before I realized where I was.

My sleep filled eyes took in the room around me. From what I could see, it was homey and spacious, although, it was pretty dark. I knew it was night time, I just didn't know what time exactly.

I yawned, stretching my stiff muscles as I got up from the bed. How the heck was I supposed to know where to go? I didn't know where I was!

I swore loudly when I stunned my toe, apparently, someone had sat my luggage by the door.

I decided that I would follow the muffled voices down a hall, I could hear a TV going. As I walked, I took note of where I was. I appeared to be in a nicer Italian villa. The floors were cobblestone and the walls were rugged yet beautiful, it had an otherworldly charm. I found myself walking down a spiral staircase. I could see lights on down the hall.

"Hello?" I called out.

Tyler's head popped out from around a corner. "She's alive!" Sarah came padding out behind him.

I scooped her up. "How long was I out?" I laughed.

"Not too long, but may I point out that you sleep like the dead?"

I blushed. "What time is it anyway?"

"It is currently," he checked one of the two watches on his arm. "Two in the morning."

I gawked. "Seriously? Why are you still up?"

He shrugged, heading towards what I believed was the living room. "I'm still stuck on our time." He laughed and patted the slot next to him on the couch.

I sat down and rested my head on his shoulder. "What time is it back home?"

"A little after nine pm."

"Wow so it's already tomorrow here and yesterday there!"

"Or...today here and there."

We both laughed at the same time. "That made little to no sense."

"Eh,well, I tried." He laughed. "You'll get to meet my dad'a wife and their kids in the morning."

"Oh! I wasn't aware."

"What did you think it was just him living out here by himself." He chuckled.

"Well no, but. I don't know." I laughed. "So how old are they and what are their names, I wanna know before I meet them."

"Uh, well, his wife's name is Amelia. I'd rather not tell you her age, I don't think she would like that." We both laughed. "There's Madeline, oh and it's line, not lynn, she'll go crazy." He chuckled. "She's eight. Patrick, he's 14 months. And Sebastian, he's the same age as me." I cocked a brow. "From Amelia's first marrige."

"Ahhh." I nodded. "So, Amelia, she's the mom. Madeline, line not lynn, Patrick, the baby, and Sebastian, the oldest."

He nodded. "Correct."

"Well great, I'm nervous as hell now."

"Why?" He laughed, nudging me in my shoulder.

"I wasn't expecting an entire family! I didn't have time to prep my self!"

He chuckled. "Calm down, they won't bite. Well, Amelia might, she's a bitch. Don't tell her I said that though."

I looked at him with surprise. "What, you don't like your stepmother?"

"Pssh, heck no. She's like the wicked bitch of the west. All she does is talk about how great her kids are and how much more I should be like them."

I frowned. "Do you at least get along with your brothers and sister."

"Yeah, Seb's okay. Sometimes anyway. Madeline, she can be a pain because she's a drama queen like her mother, but she was my first little sister so yeah." I laughed. "And then Patrick. Last time I saw him he was in his mother'a stomach, so I can't really comment on him just yet. Besides, he's just a baby."

"I feel like I know them already." I said with a sigh.

He patted my leg. "So how are you, it seems like so much has happened since I last saw you."

"Whew. So much I can't even begin to explain. Hunter and I are still together." I rubbed Sarah behind her ears, my eyes becoming distant. "At least I think we are." I frowned.

"Think?"

I nodded. "Barbie is back for her Ken. I haven't spoken to him since I left."

"Aw well, I'm sure it's nothing."

I gave him a look. "Really?"

He laughed. "Hey, I'm just trying to make you feel better."

I scooted closer to him. "That's why I love you so much."

He sighed and rested his head on mine. "Would you be made of I said I was tired right now?" He chuckled with a yawn.

"No, if you're tired you can go to bed." I smiled.

"And leave you up all by yourself? I don't think so."

I giggled a little. "I'll be fine. I need to call my family and let them know that I made it in one piece anyway."

He nodded. "Alright, thanks, I'm in the bedroom right across from you."

I nodded. "Oh hey," I said as he got up. "Will my cell phone work here? Do they even have Apple out here?"

He laughed. "Mag, this is Florence, not the edge of the universe."

I blushed. "Okay, good night."

"Night." I pulled my cellphone out to see that I had seven misses calls, four of which came from Hunter.

I took a deep breath and called him back. "Hey what's up?" I said quietly when he finally answered.

"Maggie!"

"Yeah, hey."

"I have bad news. His voice was low and broken.

I sucked in a deep breath and braced my self for what he was going to say about him and Ellie.

"Maggie, it's Sarah. She's not doing too well