Twenty-one

Everyone was entirely shocked, including my parents, who had been called over for a "family meeting".

"How is that even possible?" Hunter's dad finally said after endless moments of awkward silence.

Hunter was still holding my hand in his. He looked at me and shrugged, a small smile on his face. "I don't know, it kind of...just happened."

"What so you mean just happened? You don't randomly just fall in love with someone." My father commented, I couldn't tell if he was mad or not, but I knew he was upset. I chewed my bottom lip. "Maggie your 16, you don't know what love is."

"I'm 17 dad, and I may be young, but I know what my feelings are." I mumbled.

"You hear that Hunter, she's 17. You're nearly twenty, what the hell are you thinking?!" My dad snapped.

"Scott calm down." My mother said calmly.

"Exactly how long has this been going on?" His dad asked.

"More then a month." We both said.

Our parents looked between each other, my dad squeezed his eyes shut.

"So, you, an engaged man, have been sneaking around with my teenage daughter for over a month!" My dad yelled.

"Dad, we're both still teenagers." I pointed out. He gave me a look and I but my bottom lip.

"And, you think you guys love each other after only a month?" Hunter's dad said in a confused, yet calm tone.

"I know what it sounds like, but I'm pretty sure, no, I know I'm in love with her. The feelings I had for Ellie are nothing compared to the feelings I have for her." He said sincerely.

"I can vouch on that." Sarah finally said with a sigh. I had forgot that she was even there. "Maggie's been in love with hunter, quite frankly, since the sixth grade." I blushed when she said this. "My god it drove me insane." She said with a roll of her eyes. "You should have seen the way she looked at him. I don't know how you guys didn't notice it. But now, Hunter looks at her the same way. I've seen it with my own eyes. God breathing the same air with these two in the same room is enough to knock someone up...okay, I didn't mean it exactly like that, they're not having sex or anything, at least not that I know of I was just-"

"Sarah." Hunter covered his face and sighed. "Just shutup." I mouthed a thank you.

She nodded. "I'm glad you finally came to your damn senses bro." She said with a smirk. We both rolled our eyes at the same time.

I turned my attention back towards our parents, they sat there scrutinizing and gauging our every move. I felt like I was going to die from all the tension in the air. My palms were sweaty as I squeezed his hand.

"Say something." I said anxiously. Their silence was unnerving.

"Hunter, you realize what you are doing right?" His father questioned. "You're throwing away an entire wedding."

"I thought you guys didn't even want me to get married?"

"No son, we want you to be happy, we want to make sure you truly know what you want before you make a mistake you'll regret later."

"I am happy, and I know what I want. The only thing I regret is not realizing my feelings for her sooner."

My dad shook his head. "Uh-uh. No, I won't allow it, she's just a child."

"Scott." My mom warned.

I was doing my best to keep from crying. "Dad, I'm not a little girl anymore." I clung on to Hunter's arm. "I know what I want, and it starts and ends with Hunter. We're not telling you we're running off to get married, we're telling you the truth that we've been hiding. I love this guy, always have and always will, why can't you just be happy for us?! This is Hunter we're talking about, not some guy I just met, a guy I've known all my life." I let out a shaky breath as a tear slipped down my cheek.

"Aw honey. We are happy for you, we're just hesitant. You have to realize what is at stake here though. Hunter and Ellie-"

I groaned and let out a huge wail. "Why is everyone so worried about Ellie?! All you hear is Ellie this and Ellie that, and buy Ellie this and buy Ellie that! And oh let's take Ellie to dinner, she apart of our family now! Do you know how hard it was for me to sit there and watch her prance around and kiss all over the guy I loved?! Do you know how hard it was for me to sit there and listen to wedding bull crap?! And how hard it was to her go on and on and ON about how much she loved the same guy I did?! It was hard watching the guy I loved be loved by someone else! Do you know how many arguments Hunter and I got into because of her?! Do you know how hard I had to fight to get him to prove to me that he loved me?! Do you know how many night I cried myself to sleep because I believed we would never get to the point we're at now?! Ugh! It drove me insane to be the "other girl" and now that in not, I'd really just like to enjoy that but you guys are SO ruining it! Do you understand that?! But no, you guys wouldn't understand that at ALL because all you care about is how SHE feels! Well let me tell you something that will hopefully help you understand it! It sucked and it hurt! Literally to the point where I felt like I had no tears left to cry! I just want to move forward with my life but YOU GUYS won't let me do that!" I wiped at the tears in my eyes and stormed out the front door.

Now would be a perfect time for Tyler to be here. They didn't understand, they didn't get it at all. This was suppose to be a relief and a release, but they were ruining it for me. I didn't know where I was going, so I just walked. I walked to nowhere in particular. I just wanted to forget about everything I was walking away from for a while.

******

I sighed. "How'd you know where to find me."

"Cus I know you." He smiled.

I rested my head on his shoulder. "How much of a bitch was I?"

He chuckled. "You weren't a bitch. You were just frustrated, and I can't blame you." He kissed my cheek.

I climbed in between his legs and laid back on him as he wrapped his arms around my stomach. I breathed in the smell of sea salt and listened to the waves crash. You couldn't really see them since it was dark out, but you could still hear them. Sea foam rested on top of the water.

"I wish you would have told me you were going to do that. I could have better prepared myself."

He chuckled. "I didn't want to put it off any longer."

I tilted my head a little so that I could see his face. "Thank you." I said, tears starting to wet my eyes a little.

I didn't even have to explain what I meant. He nodded and kissed me long and hard on the mouth, pulling back when we were both breathless. "I told you you wouldn't have to worry any longer."

I kissed him again, holding his face in mine. "Thank you." I smiled. "And Hunter, don't ever throw me off guard like that again."

He laughed. "I can't make you any promises