Twenty-four

"You ass hole!" Sarah yelped, "Why would you do that!?" She screamed.

"You need to get yourself together Sarah Nicole Smith! What the hell is wrong with you?!" I stood out side the bathroom as Hunter through ice cold water on his sister.

I felt kind of awkward because although I wanted to help her, she deserved it, her drinking was getting out of control. They were having a face off now that she had been forced into soberness.

"Are you insane?! Get off of me!" He stuck her head under freezing shower water. "Hunter stop it!"

"This is what happens when you get pissy drunk! I have to come in and save your ass from yourself Sarah! What if I hadn't been there?! Then what would you have done?!"

She shoved him off and let out a frustrated yell, wiping the water from her eyes. I couldn't tell what was tears and what wasn't.

"Don't walk away from me while I'm talking to you!" He demanded. He's gone into full big brother mode, a way I'd never seen him before.

"You're being a dick!" She screamed and through her shoe at him which he kindly dodged.

"You have got to stop being so friggin reckless! Geez do you know the situation your best friend was put in because I had to go on a wild goose chase for your ass?! Geez Sarah you don't get it!"

"I like to have fun okay! Since when is that a bad thing?!"

"Up until two minutes ago when I threw water on your face, you couldn't even make a single sentence! That's not fun Sarah it's dangerous! You could have been hurt!"

"You say that as if something is gonna happen to me! God stop acting like my father!"

"You could have been raped Sarah! How does that not process in that brain of yours?! When those guys are drunk and screwed beyond recognition they will take your screams as pleasure! You have to be careful, you're too damn pretty to be prancing around her like some drunk slut!"

She began on a crying fit. Tears came down her face in bucket loads. She leaned against the wall and began dry heaving, still crying as she slowly came down to her knees in a fetal position.

"What's wrong with me Hunter? Why did it happen to me? What did I ever do that was so wrong?" She cried in a broken voice to her older brother.

He knelt down beside her, cradling her small frame, I could feel the wetness in my own eyes.

"Sarah, what are you talking about?" His voice was shaky.

She cried into him, her body quivering. "I just, I just wanted to have a good time, he told me I could have a good time!" She began mumbling things that neither of us could understand.

"Sarah, slow down, talk to me, what are you talking about?"

My heart was in my ears and I felt as if my tongue was swollen, I didn't like the way my best friend was babbling, she was starting to scare me.

"He told me I would have a good time!" She wailed. "He said here! Try this, it'll make you feel good! It'll make you feel good! Try this! And, a-and I tried it. I tried it..." Her body was shaking as she went on.

I walked over to them, kneeling beside her. "Sarah. Sarah! Hey, look at me! What are you talking about, who made you try what?" I said with teary eyes.

She sniffed and cried harder. "Alex! Alex, h-he made me try what he was drinking, he made me try what was in his cup..."

Alex...who was Alex? Why did that name sound familiar? "Alex? Alex...your prom date Alex?" She nodded. Alex had been some guy that she had been talking to for a while. He was a senior who went to another school. Sarah hadn't had time to get a real date because she'd been so busy with all kinds of school related things, so they went together. I didn't really know him, but I did know his sister who was in our grade.