My Unrequited Fantasy- Two

"You need to cheer up. Here, eat your unending misery away with this funnel cake." Sarah snickered as I shot her a dirty look.

We were walking down the strip towards the Sky Wheel. All I had on my mind was forgetting about Hunter and his stupid girlfriend. All she did over dinner was oddle and canoodle all over him. Don't ask me what that means, just know that if you ever see it, you'll barf in your mouth. I know I did.

"That's not funny Sarah, you know how I feel about him." I scowled down at the floor as if it were its fault.

"Oh come on!" She groaned. "You can't seriously be upset over him. One, my brother's an idiot for bringing home that girl, and two, that girl's an idiot if she think she's going to last."

I gave her a sideways smile. I knew exactly what she was trying to do. Even though she hated the fact that I had the biggest crush on her brother, she wanted us to be together just as much as I did. Although she would never admit this.

"Thanks."

She twirled her hair. "Don't thank me."

With a roll of my eyes, we continued our walk down the strip, ignoring the honks we got from vacationers. Okay, maybe they were just for Sarah, no one would even think about giving me a second look, let alone a honk.

The line at the Sky Wheel was a little long, but since this was our home, we had connections.

"Hi Trent." Sarah batted her big eye lashes.

"Oh hey Sarah, Mag." I nodded a little. Trent was a guy who went to our school and was a big time push over.

"So, how's your day going so far?" Sarah had to be the biggest contradiction out there. She was an all around walking beauty and guys fell at her feet to worship her. Yet, she was no cheerleader, she actually despised them and their "illegal mini-skirts". She wasn't on any comities, instead she took internships, was the leader of the debate team, and had been head of the book club. Yet some how, people were still captivated by her.

"Pretty good I guess. Meeting lots of new people."

"Mmm. Hey think you could do me a favor?" She cocked a brow, her round face becoming innocent.

I rolled my eyes and tried not laugh as Trent gave her a nervous glance. "Uh, yeah...I think."

"Wanna give us a free ride?" She brushed the hair from her face, biting her bottom lip a little. I sometimes found her two different sides too hard to believe. I mean how many girls do you know that goes from über nerd to total babe in under ten seconds?

"F-free ride?" She nodded slowly, giving him all of her attention. "Uh...s-sure."

She smiled sweetly, giving him a peck on the cheek. "Thanks Trent! You're the best!"

I shook my head as we sat down in our seats. "I swear, one day you are going to jail. Then again, you might just flirt your way out of that too."

She laughed. "I do not flirt! I just make people feel special." If only I had her same charm.

After hanging out on the Sky Wheel, we headed down to Ben & Jerry's for some ice cream. I ordered me a large cookie dough with brownies and a few rainbow sprinkles while Sarah got plain vanilla bean ice cream with fudge.

"Mmm. I am in ice cream heaven." I breathed. Nothing mended a broken heart like fresh ice cream, not that ice cream could become stale, it would just melt.

"Tell me about it."

My eyes tracked around the small ice cream parlor that had people from all over coming and going.