Seven

"You need to get a hold on yourself child. I am going to ban you from partying for the next two weeks." I sat crisscross on the end of Sarah's bed. She was currently still in bed with the covers pulled over her head.

"Go away." She mumbled.

"Come on get up, it's already after two!" Hunter and I had spent most of our time looking for tidal pools and goofing around. Time had flown by.

"Leave me be." She growled.

Being the perfect best friend that I am, I pulled the covers straight off the bed. She kicked like a two year old having a tantrum.

"Get up you big baby!"

"Why?! Leave me alone!" She whined.

"Fine. Then I guess I'll just go back and hang out with Hunter again."

She jolted forward a little too quickly, holding the sides of her head. "What?!"

"Oh, I'm sorry, did I say something that caught your attention?"

She glared at me, sleep still in her eyes. "You were with him again?"

I shrugged. "Maybe."

"Why is your hair wet?"

My eyebrows knitted together. "Because I just got out the shower.

"You got in the shower with my brother?!" She shrieked.

My eyes widened and my face went beet red. I covered her mouth with a hand. "Are you insane?!" I half whispered half yelled. "Of course not! We just went down to the beach."

Her muscles relaxed a little. "Scared me for a moment there." She scratched the back of her head and yawned. "What time did you say it was?"

"A quarter after two, why?"

"Crap!" She smacked her palm to her forehead. "I was supposed to meet up with Madison. We were gonna go over some ideas for senior week."

Senior week was a week when school first let out for the summer. It was usually somewhere towards the beginning but in the middle. Teenagers from all over come, but we kids who actually live here like to get together and do something a bit more personal.

"Well maybe if you weren't out getting drunk-"

"Blah blah blah...." She rolled her eyes and mumbled as she made her way out of bed, stumbling towards her bathroom. "I can't believe you let me sleep in this late."

"Me? How is it my fault?" I countered.

"Because, maybe if you were here pestering me like you do every morning instead of being entirely inappropriate with my engaged brother-"

"Woah, woah, woah?! Uh...what's with the tude? And inappropriate? I am NOT being inappropriate."

"Oh really?" She scowled. "So just what exactly did you do all day?"

"Ugh!" I groaned loudly. "Why are you antagonizing me?!"

She came out of the bathroom with a toothbrush in hand, mumbling unintelligible words. "Phew need to get ober did obsestion vat you habe with him."

"English please." I said dryly.

She disappeared for a moment before coming back and wiping her mouth off with a towel. "You need to get over this obsession you have with him. The guy is engaged for Pete's sake. And in almost positive that there are a lot of other single guys out there begging for your attention."

I felt my eyes roll in their sockets. "How'd we get in me anyway? We were talking about you."

"I'm serious Mags." She exchanged her ratty tee for a right tank top and a pair of shorts. "I don't want to see you get hurt. So what if he's my brother, I'll kill him anyway."