Twenty-two

I was hesitant to go home, but I had to sooner or later. I said goodbye to Hunter and went inside. My parents were siting at the kitchen table waiting on me.

"Sit." My dad said. I didn't object, but I did pout. "You're mother and I talked, and...we feel as if we, well I, should apologize. We were being inconsiderate to your feelings. So we, I am sorry. Now, we can't stop you from seeing him, we'd rather it be out in the open then behind our backs. But Margret, you have to realize that, not you on your own, but you regardless, had part to do with a break off of an engagement. That is something serious. So you're mother and both agree, along with Hunter's parents, that you guys need some time apart."

"But Dad!"

He put a hand, "Let me finish. Instead of you leaving for Italy next week, you'll be leaving on your birthday and staying a little longer than intended."

"But that's not fair! You guys are twisting things! You know I want to go to Italy but you're going to force me over there earlier and longer so that I can't see him!" I cried. I could hear that I was sounding like a bratty teenager, but I didn't care.

"If that's how you want to look at." He shrugged. "But Maggie, you're lucky we're letting you see him at all."

"Ergggh! You guys are being ridiculous!" I stormed upstairs to my room and slammed the door. They were being unfair with what they were doing. They knew how much I couldn't wait to go to Italy, but now they were using it to my disadvantage.

I kicked my shoes off I crawled under my covers. All I wanted was to just be with Hunter, but it seemed like that was impossible to do. If it wasn't one thing it was another. Why did I even try?

Oh right, because I was madly in love with him.

******

I woke up the next day with stiff muscles and puffy eyes. To my surprise, Sarah was in my bed watching Fresh Prince.

"What are you doing here?" I said groggily, my voice still filled with sleep.

"What, did you really think I was going to let you sleep alone after a night like that?"

This is why I loved my best friend. She did sweet things like this. "Was I crying in my sleep again?"

"Yup." She popped her lips on the p.

I sighed. Most people talked in their sleep, I on the other hand, being the freak I naturally was, laughed or cried. Of course last night would have been a crying one.

I covered my face and groaned. "Ergh! I feel like crap."

"You look like it too." She smirked. I could tell she was trying to lighten the mood, but it wasn't working. I gave her a look and she rolled her eyes. "On a high note, how was your trip to lovers land? You never got the chance to tell me."

I smiled a little as I thought back to just yesterday, which felt like ages ago. "It was amazing." I breathed. "The food, all the places we went to, the hotel it's self, the moment we got there we...yeah it was perfect." I was beginning to ramble just a little so I had to pause a moment, not sure if I wanted to tell my best friend I slept with her older brother. It was kind of weird and embarrassing.

"What is this "we...yeah it was perfect" you were referring to?" Of course she caught it.

"Noth-ow! Hey?!"

"Don't say nothing because I know it was something." I began blushing. She caught on pretty quick. "Oh god, eww! Maggie?!"

"What?!" I blushed. "What did you think we were going to do play chess?"