Forty-eight

"Hunter let her go already, you're holding us up." Sarah rolled her eyes as he continued to kiss me through the window of my car. Sarah and I were going out for a little girl bonding time, which mainly involved getting our hair and nails done, and then heading over to Starbucks.

He chuckled. "Hurry and get back, and don't talk to any guys."

I rolled my eyes with a smile. "We'll see you in a bit." I said as I got ready to pull out.

"Don't forget, you guys promised to help me pack."

"Aw did we, I guess it slipped our minds." Sarah cooed. He laughed and rolled his eyes as he went back inside. "You guys are the most annoying couple there is."

"You just wish you had a summer love." I stuck my tongue out.

"Sure." She said with a roll of her eyes.

"I bet I know someone who likes you." I had been coaxing him on all summer, and he was finally starting to take a hint.

"Yeah right." She blushed.

I wiggled my eyebrows. It was time my best friend had a positive male relationship. "Tyler."

"Oh please, he still totally in live with you."

"He's not in love with me."

"Maggie, are you really that slow. How can you not see it? I saw it first hand last night." She frowned a little.

I took a quick side glance at her. "Well, just know that it is not returned. Yeah I love him, but as a best friend and nothing more."

"I know I know, but that doesn't mean that he isn't incredibly smitten by you."

"Sarah, he likes you okay."

She looked at me. "And how would you know?" She crossed her arms.

"I'm his best friend, of course I know."

"Yeah, but how. Cut the bull."

I rolled my eyes. "You saw the way he was looking at me, that was only because I was upset with him and he was dying to apologize, the question here is, did you see the way he was looking at you?"

She narrowed her eyes, trying to call my bluff. "What are you talking about?"

I laughed. "Sarah, I think he's known for quite some time that you've had a crush in him."

"How old are we three, I do not have a crush on him. And of that's true then he definitely doesn't like me because he hasn't said anything."

"Boys are idiots, we should both know it by now. They don't know what's standing right in front of them until someone slaps them in the face pointing it out to them."

"So is this your way of telling me that you told him."

"Maybe." I smiled.

"Well, I don't like him anymore anyway."

"Wait, what?" Now I was confused.

She nodded. "I kind of got over him. I learned that its just best to move on from certain things, and he clearly was way more into you then he ever was in me."

I sighed. "Sarah I'm-"

"It's no biggie, I'm actually glad that I can say that I am not totally transfixed by him like most girls are at school anymore."

I laughed. "I guess that's a good way of looking at it, and hey, I'm happy for you." I smiled gently as I squeezed her knee.

She smiled. "I am too."