Matt Espinosa

QOTD- are you going to homecoming?

100 votes for next update!

____________________

"Here we are.", Matt said and took a deep breath. It had been a long way up that hill, but it was definitely worth the effort. The view was breathtaking. The sun was raising slowly over the city. It seemed like no one was awake, except for us. "Let's sit down." We sat down on the grass. What followed was a long period of silence. The moment was perfect and we enjoyed every second of it. "So this is where we had our first kiss." Matt broke the silence and looked at me. I laughed. "Yeah. It was the most awkward kiss I've ever had." Matt laughed along with me. "I know. I was so shy and I didn't want to do anything wrong. You liked it though." "I loved it." It was quiet again until Matt started to giggle. "And do you remember that one time you fell off the skateboard?" I looked at him and laughed. "Yeah, I really wanted to proof that I'm just as good at skateboarding as you are!" "Well, that failed." I hit him playfully. "And our late night conversations.", he said and stared into the distance. "I loved them.", he went on, "I don't know why, but we could have the most serious conversations at 2 am." I smiled at his words. "It's weird, isn't it? But it's good to have someone to talk to. Even if it's the middle of the night." Matt nodded. "I still think it's odd how you eat ice cream in winter and drink hot chocolate in summer.", he said and chuckled. I grinned. "And I think it's odd how you dance when you think nobody is watching." Matt buried his face in his hands embarrassed. "Don't bring that up." I just laughed. It was silent again. I had a smile of satisfaction on my face. I knew what was coming, but at that moment I just wanted to blank it out. It was getting light. The day began. "I'll miss you." Matt turned his head to face me as he said these words. I took his hand and smiled at him. "I'll wait for you."

"So I had a hot chocolate today. Can you imagine that? I have to admit, you were right. Hot chocolates in summer taste really good." Matt put the flowers on the grave. "I hope there are hot chocolates where you are right now. Maybe there are. I don't know." A tear rolled down his cheek. "You're my angel. You know that, right?" Matt wiped the tear away. "My angel."

Flashback

"I'm so sorry.", the doctor said. I swallowed. "You have leukemia." The world stopped spinning. It felt like someone had pulled the rug out from under my feet. "How long do I have?" My voice was shacking. "Six months."

_________________

*creds to tumblr*