Casha

My phone rings, it's Jr. "Where you?" He says as soon as I pick up. "Just leaving the party. What's wrong?" "I have to take Jayden to the hospital." "What's wrong? What hospital?" "I'm not sure but I'm almost there now and Children's place." "Alright I'll meet you there." I hang up and call Malik, he left ahead of me.

"Yes Cay?" "I'm about to meet Jr at the hospital it's something wrong with Jayden." "Do you want me to come with?" I contemplate on that for a second. "No, Jr will be there, and you have work I don't know how long we'll be there." He gets quiet. "Alright baby, keep me updated." "I will." I hang up and head to the hospital.

I get there and park. I head inside and see Jr sitting in the room. "They took him to the back already. They have to do emergency surgery on his throat." "What happen?" "Come on to the back..." The nurse hits a button and we head to the room they have Jayden assigned too. "He's in surgery now?" "Yes." "Oh my God." "They were eating seafood and MaKayla gave him some shrimp.... Next thing she knows he welted up and turning blue."

"Oh my God! Why would you leave him with her?" "Cay she didn't know." "Whatever." "The doctor says its just a severe reaction he will be okay... The only reason they had to do surgery his throat was swelled and it's a piece stuck." "Who the fuck feeds shrimp to a two year old?" "Cay sit down and calm yo ass down." "No... Like he barely has teeth. What the hell." A nurse comes in. "They're working as fast as they can but your going to be here for a while. I'll bring in some blankets for you two, and the cafeteria is down stairs." "Thank you." Jr says.

"He's going to be okay mama, we see this type of thing all the time." She assures me. I sit down. The nurse leaves out and shut the door. "He's going to be okay Cay." "Is that why you left earlier?" "I told MaKayla I would be home by 11:45" "You could've told me bye." "You looked busy." "When has that stopped you before?" "You have a point.... Here." He hands me a duffle bag. "What's this?" "You some clothes to change into." I smile, "Thanks Jr." I go into the bathroom and change out of this dress. I go back out and sit down.

I look through my purse. I open up T's card, Dear Baby Mama, your new man will have to get use to me calling you that. But it's your big day. I'm blessed to have met you and my brother as well. Regardless of all that bullshit he was trying to tell everyone, your still the one. Once your apart of this family your stuck with us for life. We all love you tho, and not MaKayla. Next time you and Taty tag team rat face let me know so I can watch. Ha! Let me stop being messy. I hope your day is all you wish for and more. Tia and the babies sends their love (they included a gift for you too.) Happy Birthday Turn up Party Hard and spend wisely. Love T. I look in the envelope it's some money and a picture.

"Awww. This is too cute!" I say looking at the picture. "What?" Jr ask sitting beside me. "T and family." "How you get one and I haven't got my yet?" "I'm special." "Yeah your special alright." I laugh, "Shut up don't hate." "You opened my last gift to you yet?" He ask. "No it's still in my bag." I get it out. "Will something going to blow up?" I ask. "Open it an find out." "If it does we're going down together." "Till death do us part right?" I suck my teeth. "Uhm mhm Jr." I open the package.

It's a Paris painting. "I know you've always talked about going and I want to be the the one to take you there but we went south. So until then you have this." "Thank you Jr." I kiss him and I wasn't expecting him to kiss back, but he did. I pull away. "Your welcome." He says re-composing himself. I put it away. "Why you fight it?" He asks. "It's not supposed to be there still." "But it is.." "You let all that go a few months ago, don't try and take advantage of it now." "What if I made a mistake?" "That's one mistake you can't fix... Other people hearts are involved."

"Your heart feeling something for ol dude?" "Yes..." "What about me?" "What about you?" "Does your heart still feeling something for me?" "First while we're dancing and now here... What's up?" "Can you just answer the question..." "Yes Jr it does... But you have your lady and I have my man... Does your heart feel something for her?" "Hmm... A little..." "What about me?" "Of course." "Okay..." I say stretching out.