Casha

1 year later...

Things were going are great with life, with Malik and Jayden loves him too. My phone rings... "Hey Malik." "What you doing?" "About to go the grocery store." "Party at your house tongiht?" "Sure, I'll be picking Jayden up once I leave the store." "Cool. Did you go by the school yet?" "No not yet I plan on going back to get enrolled tomorrow."

"Did you talk to the counselor there?" He asks. "Yes , she said I should be good to go. She looked at my records and I only have a one semester to complete then I graduate." "That's good. I'm happy for you." "Thank you." "I'll see you later, let me know when you make it home." "Okay." I hang up and walk into the grocery store.

I finish and head to the front. "Hey Cay baby." I turn around and see Mama Sharon and Grandma Rose. "Hey.!" I say hugging them. "How are you baby?" Mama Sharon asks. "I'm good. How are y'all?" "Good... Mad you just dipped on us." "I'm sorry." "Jr talks about you all the time... What happen for you to cheat?" Grandma Rose says. I almost lost my breath for a second. "Is that what he told you?" I ask. "Yes." Mama Sharon says. "That's a lie." "What happen?" They ask.

I tell them everything. Mama Sharon gasps. "Oh my gosh Cay. I am so sorry. He never mentioned y'all were over that soon. I knew she had something to do with it after Jayden's party ." "I knew it was something wrong with that girl." Grandma Rose says. Mama Sharon shakes her head. "Honestly the way him and that girl going. It's better your away from that. I love my Grandson but he needs to get it together. He's an excellent father but when it comes to that girl, it's nothing but trouble."

"Hmm..." "It's your weekend for Jayden, right?" "Yes ma'am I'll be getting him once I leave here." "He's talking a lot now, that boy is so smart." "Aww." "Well don't be a stranger Cay, is your number the same?" "No I changed it..." I give them my new number. They hug me and tell me they love me then we part our separate ways. I put my groceries in the trunk and head over to Jr's. It was shocking yet it didn't surprise me he lied.

I call him. "Yeah?" "Open the door." I say getting out the car. He opens the door. I go inside and Jayden runs up to me. "Hey baby." "Hey mama." He says. "You ready to go?" "Run upstairs." Jr tells him. He does as he's told and looks down at Jr from top. "Get your bag." Jr says. He runs off.

"What's good with you Cay?" "Life..." "Still with that nigga?" "I was never with him Jr. We're just friends." "Yeah alright." "What you lie to your mama and Grandma for?" "I didn't lie." "Whatever Jr." "Where you see them at?" He asks. "The store." I say glancing at him looking at me up and down. "Oh okay. You spoke to them?" "Nah I kept walking duh we spoke." "Still got a smart ass mouth." "Still dumb as fuck." Jayden comes back down with his bag.

"Good job." Jr says meeting him halfway, and carrying him down the rest of the stairs. "Be good for mommy okay." Jr says to Jayden. "When the last time he ate?" "About 2 hours ago." "Alright." I answer. Jr whispers something in Jayden ear. He hands me him and Jayden kisses my cheek. I kiss him back. "I told him to do that for me." Jr says. "Bye Jr." I refuse to entertain that shit. I leave out the house and strap Jayden up and we head to my apartment. I text Malik and let him know I'm on my way home.

I cook some chicken tenders and fries. Jayden loves some French fries. It's a knock at the door. Jayden runs to the door. "Step back unless your going to open the door." Jayden laughs and moves. I open it and it's Malik. "What's up Cay." He says hugging me. "Hey Malik." "What's up lil man?" He says picking Jayden up. Jayden smiles. "Smells good.. Cooked enough for me?" Malik asks. "Maybe, maybe not." "No." Jayden says. I laugh, "There's your answer Malik."

"Listen man I thought we were friends." Malik says to Jayden. We walk into the kitchen. "Here you go." I say handing him his plate. "Your such a great friend." He says adding dramatic-ness to it I laugh, "Tell me something I don't know." "You look nice today." "Thank you." "Mama." Jayden says coming over to me. "Yes baby?" He starts eating some of my fries.

He tries to feed me one. I bite it and he eats the other half. "I brought ice cream." Malik says. "Yay." Jayden says. He would know what ice cream is, we fed him enough of it. Malik phone rings, "What's up Jordan?.... Cay's.. Alright." He gets up and open the door. Jordan walks in. "I knew that was your car out there." Jordan says dapping him up.

"What's up Jayden!" He says seeing him sit on my lap. "Hey!" Jayden says. "What's up mama?" "Hey Jordan." I says biting my chicken tender. They sit back down at the table. I notice Jordan had a new tattoo. "When you get that?" I ask. He looks down, "The other night... Malik got one too." "Y'all fake." "How we fake?" Malik asks. "Y'all didn't invite me." "I tried inviting you." Malik claims. "No you didn't" "Ms. I'm about to go to sleep, what you want..."

I laugh, "You should've said what you wanted... I would have got up for that." "Yeah yeah yeah." "I'm serious." "Were you going to get one?" "Maybe." "Remember when we were about to get matching tattoos?" I laugh,"Yes my daddy was about to kill me." "Hell me too... Her daddy threatened me with a shot gun and get this everything was her idea" Malik says to Jordan. "Stop lying." "Hell." Jayden says attempting to repeat after Malik.

I look at him. Jayden drops his head looking just like his daddy. "I shouldn't have said that I'm sorry... That's a bad word Jayden." Malik says to him. Jayden was in his feelings now, he hides his face in my neck. "But I'm not lying Cay." He says getting back to the discussion. "Yes you are." "So it wasn't your idea?" "You agreed to it tho." "Exactly you still brought it up." I laugh, "Did you die tho?" "Almost." Malik says laughing.

We laugh. I peek back and look at Jayden. He was knocked out. I take him in the room and lay him down. My phone rings and it's Jr. "Hello?" "Baby mama, what's up?" It was his brother. I actually miss that crazy fool. "Hey T." "What you up too man?" "Not much getting my life together." "Man why you just dip on us?"

I never would have expected them to take offense to me leaving. "My bad." "My mama told me the real story on what happen want me to pop him for you?" I laugh, "As much as I would enjoy that, it won't do anybody any good." He laughs, "I got you... Man I miss you baby mama you gotta come visit us." "I will."

"I'm having a party next weekend, you should come through and you can bring whoever you want." "Okay T, I'll keep that in mind." "I'm forreal Cay." "I am too T." "Alright ima steal your number out of Jr phone and save your number." I laugh, "Alright, it was good talking to you." "You too." We hang up.

"Who that was guh?" Jordan asks. "Ew, don't talk like that.. That was T Jr's brother." "What he was talking about?" Malik asks. "He throwing a party next weekend. You coming with me right?" "Sure Cay." "Not like you had a choice." Malik eyebrows raise, "I'm staying home just for that." "Noooo, I was just playing." He laughs, "That's what I thought." "Why y'all ain't together?" Jordan asks.

"Good question, why we ain't together Cay?" "We make good friends." I say. "Damn she used that friend card on you." "She my girl unofficially she just don't know it yet." "Ohhhh smooth." Jordan says laughing. We chill around and watch some movies. Jayden comes into the room. "Ice cream." I laugh, "Come on." I grab his hand and make him a bowl.

"I want some too." Jordan and Malik yell. "Y'all feet ain't broke." I yell back. Jordan comes in the kitchen. "Really Cay?" "Yes, how Jayden get one?" Jayden smiles. "Tell him your king of this castle Jayden." "I'm the King." He says taking a bite of ice cream. "Go sit in the living room." Jayden leaves out.

I finish making my bowl and hand Jordan the spoon. I go back into the living room. Jayden is sitting on Malik lap. I sit down and lean on Malik shoulder. "Awww ain't this cute." Jordan says coming in the living room. "Shut up Jordan." I say eating some ice cream. "Why didn't you make me a bowl of ice cream?" Malik asks. "Your feet work right?" I ask. He grabs my spoon. "Really Malik?" "Yes Cay." He eats what I had on there then and give me my spoon back.