Casha

Jayden's Birthday

I wake up to my alarm going on. I see now this is going to be one of those days. "Good morning Love." Jr greets me, trying to kiss me, but I stop him. "Not right now and Good morning." "What's wrong?" "It's nothing." I get up and find my outfit for the day, personal hygiene stuff, and get mentally prepared for this party.

I go downstairs and make us some breakfast. Jr brings Jayden downstairs and sits him in his swing. I go in the living room. "Good morning Birthday Boy." I say kissing Jayden. I go back into the kitchen, and check the food. "Oh, he gets one but I don't." Jr says coming into the kitchen. "I'm sorry... I didn't wake up on the right side of the bed." "Oh that's what the attitude was for?" "Yes.." I turn around and kiss him. "Better?" I ask "Yes much."

My phone starts ringing it's Tatyanna. "Hello?" "Good morning, come open the door." She says. "Jr go open the door for Taty" I tell him. "Hold you, who you commanding?" He says cupping my face. I roll my eyes playfully. "Can you please go open the door Jr?" I ask in the nicest way I know how. "That's better gorgeous." He says jogging out the kitchen the door.

"What's up girl?" Taty says coming into the kitchen. "Nothing yet... What's up with you?" "Not much... I came to help with what I could." "Thank you girl." "Cash what's up girl?!?" Chris yells causing me to jump. He laughs, "My bad." "It's cool, you just caught me off guard. What's up Chris?" "Ready for this party" "Yeah I hear you." He leaves out going back in the living room.

"Baby mama!" T says coming into the kitchen. "What's up T" We hug. "What's up Taty, how you living?" "Hey T! So far so good. How's the wife?" "She's good she'll be in here any minute now." Jr comes into the kitchen. "Nigga when yo ass get here?" "I just got here and that's no way to treat yo brother nigga." Jr laughs.

I start making Jr a plate. "Give me extra bacon baby." Jr says. "Nigga, baby mama fixing my plate." T says. "Get out my kitchen." Jr says pushing his brother towards the living room. Tia comes in. "Hey love!" She says greeting me. I finish making plates and everyone is sitting around the table. "Baby mama can you pass me some juice please?" T asks. "Sure." I answer. "Tia get yo husband"

She laughs," I can't control that Jr." "Yeah I'm untamed." T says "I wouldn't say all that" Tia says. "Yeah nigga whipped ass." Jr says. "Oh we going there Jr? Don't make me get on you." Jr sucks his teeth, "Let me hear it cause Cay don't run-" I clear my throat and raise my eyebrows. "Baby tell T, I'm the boss round here." Jr says smiling innocently.

"Let's look at this for a second here fellas. What's wrong with woman having charge here and there?" Chris asks. T rolls his eyes. "I'm a man and the man, simple as that." "And the Bible says the man is the head of his household." T says. "That's right baby." Mama Sharon says coming in the door. "Hey mama!" I get up to greet her, and she greets everyone else. "I get that but it's okay for the man to step back and let his lady handle things." Chris says getting back to the topic of discussion.

"Man I ain't tryna hear all of that." Jr says finishing his plate. "We know Taty running shit over there" T says messing with Chris. We all laugh. We finish eating and the guys go into the living room while we start cooking.

It's a knock at the door. I go open it, and it's some girl. "Can I help you?" "Is Jr here?" "Who's asking?" "MaKayla... Look just tell Jr I'm here." I look at this girl up and down. Why she looking at me like that? T comes over to the door. "You good-" He stars to ask until he looks at the girl. "Aye Jr!" He yells for him. Jr comes to the door. "MaKayla?" He asks coming out the door. "Hey Jr!" She says hugging him. I'm standing here still wondering who the fuck this chick is.

Tia comes to the door. "What's up MaKayla!" Does everyone know who the fuck this girl is except me. I go back inside, leaving them to their little reunion. "Who's that?" Taty asks. "Some girl name MaKayla." "Who is she?" "Your guess is as good as mine" T comes into the kitchen. "Who is that T?" "That's probably something you and J should discuss baby mama." I raise my eyebrows.

Everyone comes inside including the girl. Who is she? After a few minutes and still no damn introduction. This is annoying me so bad. I look over at Taty and she looks at me. We both laugh. "Annoying much?" She asks. "Girl I swear you get it."

Jr comes into the kitchen. "Can I talk to you Cay?" "Yeah..." We go upstairs to our room. "I know your wondering about MaKayla..." "Obviously, who is she?" "She's an old girlfriend. The first girl I had actually ." "Why is she at my house tho?" I ask getting straight to the point. "She got our address from TJ." "Okay and..." "She just wanted to visit. Look I know your going to be mad about this but I invited her to stay for Jayden's party."

"And this the part of the conversation where I leave." "Cay don't be like that" "Shall we call your other ex girlfriend's and invite them over too. You already have two of them here, we might as well get the rest over." "Chill baby" "Whatever."

I go back downstairs. "I'm guessing it didn't go well?" Taty asks. "Girl that's his ex, his first girlfriend." "That's awkward!" "And he invited her to stay for the party." "What the hell Jr?" She whispers. "My thoughts exactly." Mama Sharon comes into the kitchen. "Well hello my lovely daughters." "Hey mama" "What's going on Cay?" "Not a thing." I say laughing. "I told Jr that wasn't a good idea" She says. "I did too" T says adding in.

"I never did like that girl... You've always been my favorite, don't tell nobody tho " He whispers in my ear. I laugh, " T, your so crazy!." "I wouldn't be the best brother in law if I wasn't." "Who's a brother in law?" The girl asks coming in the kitchen. T looks at her, "Me..." "Who's getting married?" "Jr and Cay one day." Tia says laughing.

The girl facial expressions changes. "Shit seriously? To who?" "To this one right here." Jr says wrapping his arms around me, playing along. She laughs and walks off. I know one thing, if Jr ran after this girl, we were going to have some problems. He looks into my eyes. "What?" I ask couldn't help myself from smiling. "I'll be back, okay?" My smile drops, and I move his hands. "Cay ..." He tries kissing my lips but I move my face. He finally walks off.

I hear Jayden starting to cry. I go into the living room to see this girl holding my son. "Nope, not a good idea." T says grabbing him. Apparently me and Jr we're having a staring contest. It's so hard trying to control myself right now, oh my God. I hear the front door open. "Hey everybody." I hear Rico and Keysha. I leave out and go greet them. Jr comes out and speaks too. Keysha noticed the tension, "What's up y'all two?"She whispers. "Girl I'm trying my hardest to keep my cool, but just go peep in the living room. Jr must have bumped his head or something." I whisper low enough for her and Taty to hear me. "She ain't even all that cute. That's a bold move on Jr part" Taty adds in.

"What y'all whispering about?" Jr says coming into the kitchen. I roll my eyes. Rico comes in to, "Aye who is that in there?" "Just an old friend of mine." Jr says. "Wait... And your fine with that Cay?" "It's not that serious Rico... Cay will be okay for a few..." "Jr this Cay we talking about." Rico says. "Man It's not like the girl moving in or something, she just visiting for a few hours."

I glare at him, this nigga really must've lost his fucking mind. "You know what Jr-" "Bouncy house and everything else is here" Tia says cutting me off. "Let's go help with that." Rico says to Jr and they leave. "Cay ima lay down in y'all guest room till later okay?" Mama Sharon says walking towards the guest room. "Okay mama." Tia leaves out the kitchen and goes into the living room.

Keysha comes back in, "What the hell Cay?" "Bitch exactly!" "What was Jr thinking?" "I don't know but I'm bout to knock some sense into his ass." "No you ain't, no violence baby mama. I'll do that for you." T says coming back in with Jayden sleep in his arms. "I'm about to lay him in his room, and go out and help the guys." "Okay that's fine, can you bring the extra baby monitor when you come back down?" I ask. "Sure." He leaves out and a few minutes later he brings the monitor. "Keep yo cool baby mama." He says handing me the monitor. "I'm trying too." He leaves out the door. "Did Chris go out with them too?" I ask Taty. "Yeah, he been back there"

It was only 12:30, and I'm ready for this day to be done with already. But this day is all about my baby, and no one was ruining it. I see out the corner of my eye, MaKayla walking along the wall looking at pictures. "MaKayla, where did you go?" Tia asks. "I'm in the hall." "Oh, they make a cute couple, huh?" "Do I really have to answer that?" "Be nice girl." "She needs to chill with that attitude... She must not know about me." MaKayla says. Keysha and Taty look at me. Would I look cute in an all Orange jumpsuit? I was about to find out.