R. Go Exceed!

"I want to sleep." Emi groaned.

"She was up last night again," Yui let out a small laugh.

"Good work, Emi-chan, but remember to rest when you need to," Watanabe told the manager, reading over the notes that she had taken the previous night.

"I know. But I was bored, so I ended up watching the tapes. It got interesting as the game progressed, I completely lost track of time," Emi groaned once again, trying to manage the migraine that began to bother her.

"Are you really feeling alright, Emi-chan?" Watanabe asked the girl who kept massaging her head.

"I'll be alright... I think." Emi smiled at the third-year, "Let's focus on today's practice games!"

"Are you sure you are alright? You look a little pale, Emi-chan." Yui said, placing a hand on top of the second-year's forehead. "You don't have a fever."

"I am really fine." Emi smiled again, but this time it seemed a little forced, "I guess it's the lack of drinking water."

"You should drink more water, it's pretty hot this summer. Don't disregard your health," Yui said.

"Yeah," Emi smiled, "I know. I did take medicine this morning, so I'm probably going to be alright."

"If you say so. If anything else, you can go rest."

"Hai, hai."

The practice games after summer training camp finished yesterday, and practice had been light since then. But, the tension in between the first-string pichers was pretty intense, as they continued to practice their pitching. Emi knew that they were trying to appeal more to the coach since the jersey numbers are about to be announced.

The managers were pretty busy as well, finding time during their breaks to sow little baseball jerseys with each player's number in it.

"Oh, they're so cute!" Akane gawked at the mini baseball jersey keychains.

"You can come help finish the rest." Yui said.

"Yes!"

"You sewed them all yourselves?" Anna asked Sachiko.

"That's right."

"We worked on them after school," Haruno said.

"This one is done!" Sachiko exclaimed, holding up the number six jersey, while Yui held up a number ten jersey.

"Yep!"

Emi looked at the number two jersey she held with a soft smile, running her thumb on the number two. It was going to be the last time to see Miyuki with a number two jersey after this summer and after high school. She hoped that he would reach greater heights in the future.

Her smile was then interrupted with a strong pinch in her stomach. She grimaced at the pain in her lower abdominal region, placing a hand over it. Her head once again started to ache and she gently placed the keychain on the table.

"I need to go to the bathroom."

"Emi-chan, you look pale again, are you sure you are not sick?"

"I am alright," Emi smiled, "just a little stomach ache and a headache, that's all."

"Please take more care of yourself, Emi-senpai," Anna scolded the girl who stood up from her seat.

"Hai, hai~" Emi waved her hand.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

The afternoon was an eventful one for Seido. All the players gathered around the field, waiting for Coach Kataoka to announce the jersey numbers. The tension between Furuya and Sawamura was still there, and nobody knew what could happen with the ace number. Could it be that the coaches wanted to continue the tournament with Furuya? Or could it be that Sawamura would get the number after being able to carry the team these past few months?