XXXII. The World Beyond

Everything happened in slow motion. Emi held her breath, her phone was forgotten as it slipped her hand and fell on the floor. Her eyes widened as she saw Ogawa run intentionally at Miyuki and both players collided violently against each other. Emi watched in shock as Miyuki got tackled by the pitcher and laid on the ground unmoving for a few seconds. Her knees started to wobble as she watched the catcher worriedly. Making sure she wouldn't collapse on the floor, she leaned herself on the wall nearby.

"Kazuya..."

The catcher suddenly lifted himself off from the ground and glared at Ogawa slightly before raising his mitt showing the umpire that he still had the ball with him. Seido was able to get their three outs thanks to Miyuki, who was able to stop Ogawa from scoring another run despite being tackled by the huge pitcher. Seido cheered at the captain's save from Seiko scoring another run.

"Nice, captain!" Someone exclaimed.

"Are you alright?" Kataoka asked Miyuki as he approached the dugout.

"Are you hurt anywhere?" Director Oota asked worriedly.

Miyuki bowed to the coach and the director showing them a cheeky grin before replying, "Everywhere."

Emi still couldn't calm down. After seeing Miyuki being tackled, she knew right away that he was hurt. She just wanted the game to end soon so that she could check on him, but fate was not on her side as Ogawa also kept Seido from scoring during the ninth inning, resulting in the game having extra innings.

===

During the tenth inning, Miyuki has been making good calls in the games as both Sawamura and Kawakami pitched well against Seiko. Kawakami ended the top of the tenth inning with his sinker, allowing no runs from Seiko.

It was Seiko's turn to play defense and Seido's clean-up batters were the ones against them. Ogawa's pitchers were still well pitched, and Haruichi was quickly forced out. Next up batting was Miyuki. Emi kept a close eye on him; she watched Miyuki ignore Ogawa's pitches, and held her breath as the fourth pitch was too close to Miyuki. Ogawa-kun is not scared to hit him even after that incindent... Emi thought worriedly.

Miyuki, however, was as calm as ever despite his injury. On Ogawa's fifth pitch, Masu decided to face Miyuki and asked for an inside pitch. Miyuki, read the pitch perfectly as he swung his bat hitting a homerun. The crowd cheered loudly for the captain as the catcher made his jogged. Emi let out a sigh proud that Miyuki's batting saved the day and that his individual practices had paid off. But, she was still worried for him. Afterall, he was heavily injured despite him not showing it.

===

Emi greeted the team with a slight forced smile, but no one seemed to notice since they were so happy about advancing to the finals. Sawamura, who was the first to notice the girl, greeted her with a huge smile.

"EMI-CHAN! DID YOU SEE?! WE WON! YOUR BOYFRIEND HIT A GOOD ONE ON THE LAST INNING!" The boy exclaimed.

"I saw that, Sawamura-kun," Emi let out a soft laugh, "I am sure Kazuya-san did that for you guys, pitchers, who had put your everything in the game. Nice pitching, Sawamura-kun, Furuya-kun, Nori-senpai," Emi complemented the pitchers. All pitchers' cheeks turned red and a happy aura surrounded them.

"Emi-chan.... thank you," Sawamura said blushing and giving her his usual dumb face that he had whenever he was complemented.

"Sawamura, your dumb face is showing," Kanemaru scolded, "Emi-chan, you just turned him into a bigger idiot than he already was!"

"No, no, that's impossible. There is no way Sawamura-kun can get worse than he already is," Emi said teasing the southpaw pitcher.

"What did you say?!" Sawamura exclaimed angrily to which Emi just laughed evilly at the pitcher and walked towards Furuya and Miyuki.