V. Footsteps to Tomorrow

A/N: Hello! o((>ω< ))o For the next two weeks, I will not be updating

A/N: Hello! o((>ω< ))o For the next two weeks, I will not be updating. Finals are coming and I feel like I need to calm down a little before continuing the story. How is it? Are you guys liking it? I know that there is nothing exciting about Emi, but I just wanted to write down something that still followed the storyline, so I won't be changing much about it. Enjoy! P.S.: The gif is for the the last part where Emi sighs.

Two Years Ago

The first years stood in line as they introduced themselves to Kataoka Tesshin, Seido's baseball coach.

"Sakai Ichirou from Kazama Junior high!" A first year introduced himself, "I want to play outfield! I will do my best!"

"Okay, next!"

"Yes! Isashiki Jun from Ayami Senior League!" A younger Jun indroduced himself, "I want to be a pitcher! Nomo is my hero! The first baseman I like is Ochiai! The second baseman is Nishi! The third baseman is Nakamura! The shortstop--"

"Wait a minute!" The upperclassman exclaimed, "Are you going to do that for all the positions?"

"May I not?"

"We don't care about you that much just yet!"

"I apologize!" Jun exclaimed. Stop staring! Jun thought angrily as he felt the other first years stare at him.

"Next!"

"Masuko Tohru from Oura Junior High! I want to play infield! I gained 10kg from cramming!"

"I don't want to hear your excuse!" Said the upperclassman.

"Tanba...ro...from....High," said a shy Tanba.

"You're so quiet for how big you are," the older ones teased.

"Kominato Ryousuke from Youkou Junior High! I want to play infield! I won't lose to people who are just big!" Ryousuke said.

"Yuuki Tetsuya from from Akadou Junior High! I don't care where I play! I can play anywhere!"

"Well said," the current team commented.

"My favorite TV show is Lone Wolf an Cub," Yuuki told the team bluntly.

"No one asked," one of the players said as everyone laughed at Yuuki's random comment, but the boy was clueless of what he said wrong.

"Takigawa Chris Yuu from Marugame Senior League, I'd like to play catcher," said a young Chris.

"Oh, so this is the rookie we've heard so much about. He's Animal's son, right?"

The first years stared at Chris, one in particular, went all the way over to Chris and glared at him.

"Hey, you! What are you doing? Don't get out of the line on your own! Get back in line!" A upperclassman told Jun.

The first years were taken to test their abilities, and it was visible that the first years were not as good as they thought they would be compared to their upperclassmen. They lacked fielding skills, physique, and pitching skills and all of them would constantly run laps around the field until night. It also wasn't helpful as they had to eat at least three bowls of rice every meal since they were players, which was a big change for them, all except for Masuko, who seemed happy with all the food he ate.