Epilogue

A/N: Hello lovelies! This is it

A/N: Hello lovelies! This is it. The end of Act I. The lovely journey of Emi's first year of high-school. Thank you all for reading this fanfiction and for voting. I am truly grateful for all of you ^-^ The next chapter will be uploaded probably in late December or early January. It's going to be all about Haikyuu OVA "Land vs. Air" and our lovely Haikyuu Cats and Owls will finally meet our Daiya no Ace cast. After we have Inarizaki vs. Karasuno and then off to Act II. Nekoma vs. Karasuno might come out a little later since the movie isn't out yet. Hope you all have an awesome reading time~

Miyuki and Emi arrived at the boy's house and were greeted by the sight of Miyuki's father, Miyuki Toku, working on their family shop called Miyuki Steel.

"You still have some last year's work left, huh?" Miyuki asked his father, "working all alone? I'm home, and I brought my girlfriend too, like I told you a few days ago."

"Good evening, Miyuki-san," Emi said politely bowing slightly to the older Miyuki as he turned to look at the couple.

Toku saw both Miyuki and Emi waving at the man. With no words, Toku returned the wave before turning back to his own work. Miyuki knowing that his father was a man of few words, placed a hand on Emi's back and led her into his house. As they climbed the stairs, Emi noticed Miyuki's gloomy expression, as if he didn't want to climb the stair anymore.

"Ugh, these stairs," Miyuki whined.

"We are almost there, Kazuya," Emi let out a giggle. "You dad seems to be a busy man. Doesn't he have anyone around to help him?"

"I guess it's because is new year, no one else is around, he is probably not getting much work done these days," Miyuki said. As they reached the door, Miyuki and Emi let out a sigh, before opening the door.

"We are here," Emi exclaimed excited to see Miyuki's cozy house for the first time.

"We can definitely just laze around now," Miyuki said tiredly. He was about to say something else but noticed something on the dinning table. It seemed that his father had prepared a big feast to celebrate Miyuki's return. Emi looked at the boy and then at the sinning table before giving Miyuki a smirk.

"Kazuya, you're blushing," Emi teased the boy.

"Shut up," Miyuki mumbled but his gaze was softer, "Do you want anything to drink or eat?"

"No. I am fine, thank you," Emi said as she looked around Miyuki's house. Her eyes stopped at a certain portrait. In the portrait was a younger Miyuki Toku with a beautiful woman by his side holding a baby Kazuya.

"Whoa! Nothing but beer in here... he used to make some miso soup at least," Miyuki said not noticing that the girl stared fondly at the portrait, "can't be helped, we'll have to go grocery shopping. Emi... huh."

Miyuki approached the girl and wrapped his arms around her in a back hug. Placing his chin on her shoulder as he also observed the portrait, "that's my mother," he said softly.