XXXI. Seido vs. Seiko

The first inning started with Seiko's catcher, Masu Shinichirou, batting first. Miyuki knew that Masu was someone they had to be wary off since Seiko's captain had a big chance to score if he was on base. Furuya, also being careful of the batter, pitched carefully. Furuya was able to force the Masu out allowing Seido to have their first out and follwing that, he was able to get two more outs quickly not allowing any runs for Seiko.

"Nice pitch, Furuya!" Higasa cheered.

"That's our ace-sama!" Sawamura added.

"Furuya-kun is starting out nicely today," Emi said observing the boy, "that's unusual."

"He usually concedes runs in the first inning, but he seems to be holding his ground today," Yui agreed.

"I think it's because Furuya-kun hasn't played for two weeks," Haruno said.

"That's true," Emi said agreeing with Haruno, "he was itching to play every since he heard that he couldn't pitch against Ouya. He is in the zone," she stated with a smile.

It was Seido's time to play offense and Seido's batters seemed to be on fire seeing that Kuramochi hit the ball right in the gap between right and center. Also, with his fast legs, the shortstop was able to make a triple. The cheetah was able to make it home after Shirasu hit one. Haruichi, who comes after Shirasu, is also able to hit one far away. With the hit from Miyuki and Maezono, Haruichi is also able to score a run. However, Seiko was quick to get two more outs after the younger Kominato's run, not allowing Seido to score anymore. Seido now had two runs of advantage over Seiko.

As Seido continued to play defense, Furuya's pitches seemed to get better and better the more he pitched. Emi also noticed that his sliders were working against Seiko's clean-up, however, Seiko's batters are swinging without hesitation, they really want to put pressure on Furuya-kun, Emi thought to herself. Seido quickly got their outs and got ready to play offense.

Seido once again scored a run after Asou's hit putting a lot of pressure on Seiko's pitcher. It seemed that the Seiko's pitcher was not doing well, having a weak control over the ball and allowing Shirasu to hit the ball and Asou to score Seido's fourth run. Not long after, Seiko announced a change in players.

"Seikou Academy had announced a change in players," the announcer said, "Kojima=kun, pitcher, will play center field. Replacing Kojima as a pitcher will be Ogawa-kun. Now batting seventh and pitching, Ogawa-kun."

"HE'S SO HUGE" Sawamura shouted still surprised at Ogawa's physique as the new pitcher stomped (slowly) towards the mound. Emi on the other hand, couldn't help but feel slight discomfort when she saw Ogawa come up to pitch. Something will happen in this game, she was sure of it. But what? What was this discomfort she felt whenever she saw Ogawa play?

===

As soon as Ogawa came up to pitch, he walked Haruichi due to his lack of control despite his heavy pitches. Next up was Miyuki who came to bat, right when all bases were loaded. Emi knew that Miyuki usually did better when there were runners on base, so she hoped he would hit a big one. As Seido's captain faced Seiko's battery, Masu made sure Ogawa would pitch more on the corners since it was Miyuki the one they were dealing with. Ogawa, agreeing with the catcher pitched a ball right in the corner only to hit Miyuki with the ball.

"Hit by pitch..." Emi muttered silently and the discomfort she was feeling earlier doubled as she saw Miyuki face Ogawa depite Seido getting a free run due to the hit by pitch. Next up to bat was Maezono, who was out after Seiko was able to make a double play. Seiko quickly got their three outs and it was time to change fields.

On the top of the fourth inning, Furuya continued to pitch carefully against Masu, but Seiko captain was able to get to first base. The batters who came after Masu, were able to swing without any hesitation, putting a lot of pressure on Furuya. Seiko now had runners on first and third base, and the next one up to bat was none other than the clean up batter, Nagata Shouhei.