G. My Role

"Okay, let's go!" Sawamura shouted.

Sawamura seemed to start off well while playing catch with Okumura. They went back and forth and both Emi and Miyuki smirked knowing exactly what Okumura was starting to think. At the last catch, Okumura seemed to be curious about Sawamura's pitches.

"Okay, I'm feeling good!" Sawamura exclaimed, warming up his arm once again, "I'm ready, Miyuki-senpai! HAHAHAHAHAH!"

Okumura looked at Miyuki as if he was trying to tell him something.

"Do you want to catch more?" Miyuki asked, "Then go get a protector and a mask."

"Come on, I'll help you out," Emi said beckoning the boy to follow her.

"Sawamura, throw a few more to Okumura!" Miyuki called.

"Huh? Sure, since I'm on the back burner," Sawamura said, still a little annoyed at Miyuki's rejection from earlier.

"Are you still on about that?" Miyuki asked in disbelief.

"I'd like to try number eleven today," Sawamura demanded.

"I know! Be patient." Miyuki said.

"Stay focused. In a way, his pitches are harder to deal with than Furuya-san's," Kaoru told Okumura as Emi finished adjusting the protector around Okumura's ankles. "I've never seen pitches that were so hard to catch."

"What are numbers?" Kukki asked Asada once Okumura comfortably crouched down in position to catch.

"It seems like they're giving numbers to the breaking balls," Asada explained.

"First, number four!" Miyuki called.

"Number four?" Okumura asked.

"A four seam, like the name implies," Miyuki explained, "outside for a right-handed batter."

Okumura moved his position on the base as Sawamura focused on his pitch.

"This won't be like warmups, young Okumura," Sawamura smirked.

"I can't wait," Okumura replied.

Sawamura then threw a perfect four seam onto Okumura's mitt.

"HAHAHA! I love that sound!" Sawamura exclaimed excitedly.

"That was a ball, unfortunately," Okumura retorted, throwing the ball back to Sawamura.

"What?!"

"But it wasn't bad."

"He's got a flexible catching style," Miyuki complimented Okumura.

"Yes," Kaoru said.

"His glove makes a nice sound, which helps a pitcher throw their best," Miyuki said.

"Since when did you become so romantic?" Emi asked the captain.

"I have always been like this," Miyuki teased.

Sawamura continued to pitch for Okumura and Emi smiled at the new pair. I can't wait to see them form a battery, Emi thought to herself.

"How was that one?!" Sawamura asked as he threw another pitch.

"That was a strike, plainly," Okumura said.

"Yeah, that's right!" Sawamura agreed.

"Okay, number two next!" Miyuki called, "A two seamer that sinks like a shootball!"

Sawamura did exactly what Miyuki had asked for. "Nice reaction," Miyuki said about Okumura. "Can you do a few more, Sawamura? And you too, Okumura."

"I'm fine with more," Sawamura said, glad that there was another catcher that could catch his pitches.