6. Tempo

A/N: Hello o((>ω< ))o ! Are you guys enjoying the story? This week I will be updating three chapters because next week I will be studying for my midterms, so I there is no update next week! /(ㄒoㄒ)/~~

Have a lovely day/night/afternoon! Stay awesome! Stay safe! Next chapter will be uploaded tomorrow! ╰(*°▽°*)╯

The next day, after school, Kageyama asked Emi to accompany him to go to the kids volleyball, to which the girl agreed to. When they arrived at the place, Emi saw the familiar face of one of her childhood friends coming out from the place.

"Show me how to serve, Tooru!" A boy demanded.

"Hey! How about showing me some respect first!" A familiar voice retorted confirming Emi's suspicions.

"O-Oikawa-san!/Oikawa!" Kageyama said shocked to see the older boy, while Emi called the boy smile and waving at him. Oikawa looked up from his nephew and seemed shocked at the sight of the two first years.

"Emi-chan, where is your respect for me!" Oikawa demanded.

Emi sighed, "You don't deserve it."

"So mean! You are starting to sound like Iwa-chan," Oikawa whined.

"Iwaizumi-senpai is cooler than you anyway," Emi teased with a shrug.

"So mean!" Oikawa cried, but his expression suddenly changed to distaste when he saw Kageyama, who was still shocked at the sight of his former senior's sudden appearence.

"W-What are you doing here, Oikawa-san?" Kageyama asked.

"I'm watching my nephew," Oikawa answered coldly.

"Hey!" The boy greeted.

"Hello!/H-Hey," Both Emi and Kageyama greeted back.

"What about practice?" Kageyama asked.

"We usually have Mondays off," the older boy replied.

"Y-You guys get a break once a week? What a waste," Kageyama said.

"Getting rest and ditching practice are two different things," Oikawa answered.

"Yeah, but knowing Oikawa, you don't know what rest is either," Emi teased again knowing that the boy actually overworked himself sometimes. It would usually take both her and Iwaizumi to stop him from getting hurt, especially since both Iwaizumi and Oikawa saw what had happened to her during a match in middle school.

"Emi-chan! Where is your respect for me?!" Oikawa whined making Emi turn her head ignoring him, "So mean!"

"O-Oikawa-san, um," Kageyama pleaded.

"Nope! Stupid! You're stupid! You stupid face!" Oikawa childishly said sticking out his tongue.

"Then you ask me about respect," Emi deadpanned.

"Oikawa-san," Kageyama tried again.

"Nope! Can't hear you! Can't hear a thing!" Oikawa continued, making his nephew and Emi look at each other and look back at OIkawa with a deadpanned face.

"I beg you, please listen to what I have to say!" Kageyama pleaded as he bowed, making Oikawa stop what he ws doing.

"Why should I go out of my way to listen to what my opponent is going to say?" Oikawa asked as he walked away.