XXXV. Recovering

Furuya pitched well against Yakushi, not allowing Yakushi to score any more runs

Furuya pitched well against Yakushi, not allowing Yakushi to score any more runs. Pitch after pitch, Yakushi, in the end, was not able to do anything against Furuya's strong pitches. Seido was finally able to finish the game. They made it to the finals. The managers hugged each other tightly with tears in their eyes, proud of the boys. Seido was going to Koshien. After seven years, they were able to stand on the stadium and fight many other strong teams.

===

Emi made her way quickly towards the locker rooms shouting apologies here and there as she bumped into some people. As soon as she reached the lockers, she found Miyuki sitting on a bench. Not wasting anymore time, she quickly threw herself on him but careful not to hurt him even more.

"Idiot! Don't scare me like that!" Emi cried out as she hugged him tightly, but still careful to not cause any pain.

Miyuki, despite all the sweat, could feel her tears on his uniform. Smiling softly, he put a hand on top of her head, "I'm sorry for worrying you."

"Don't ever do that to me anymore," Emi muttered, her voice was muffled against his chest, "I am so glad.... so glad that you are okay... BUAAAAAA KACHUYAAAA!"

Miyuki looked down at Emi and saw her tears. The sight wasn't as beautiful as he thought it would be. Emi's eyes were red and there was snot coming out of her nose as she tried to wipe away all of it with her hands, but he still gave her a loving smile. Thank you, Emi, for trusting me, he thought to himself before hugging her again and kissing the top of her head.

"It won't happen again, I promise," Miyuki told her ignoring all the snot and the tears and hugged her just as tight. The team entered the locker room only to find Emi and Miyuki hugging each other tightly. Miyuki looked up to his teammates and gave them a tired but goofy smile. Rei also entered the locker room ready to take Miyuki to the hospital.

The team was gathering their things and getting ready to go back to the dorms. No one tried to break Miyuki and Emi apart once they noticed how clingy Emi was to Miyuki at the moment. They couldn't blame her, the catcher pretty much saved the team whie he was injured and Emi was worrying about Miyuki since the night before the game. They let the girl be and did their own things.

"Boys! Don't forget to ice!" Miyuki instructed the pitchers as Emi still had her face buried against his chest, hiding her face from the team.

"SHUT UP! I'M DOING IT RIGHT NOW!" Sawamura told the catcher angrily while Furuya glared at the captain with his usual aura, "Look! Emi-chan is crying you racoon-bastard! You didn't even tell us you were hurt! You kept me out of the loop! "

"You didn't notice?" Haruichi asked Sawamura referring to Miyuki's injury.

"Hm? Are you worried about me?" Miyuki asked Sawamura with a smug smile.

"Shut up! Go see the doctor!" Sawamura shouted furiously making Miyuki let out cheeky laugh.

"Miyuki," Kataoka called making the boy look at the coach, "sorry."