10. Gears

The practice game against Fukurodani started with Asahi serving the ball, which Fukurodani's libero was able to receive it. However, the point was for Fukurodani after Tsukishima attempted to block Bokuto's spike.

As the game went by, Emi saw how Bokuto did an insane cut shot against three blockers.

"That's an insane cut shot," Sugawara said suprised by Bokuto's spike as he stood beside Emi.

"A strong hit that cuts in front of three blockers is very diffecult to execute," Kiyoko told Hitoka, who was slightly confused at what Sugawara said, "It can be hard on your shoulders if they're not flexible," Kiyoko told her.

The game went on and Hinata made a point doing a feint, which made the whole team surprised at Hinata's so-called surprised attack.

"A feint?!" Bokuto exclaimed loudly, still shocked at how Hinata made a tip.

"Bokuto-san, weren't you the one who taught him that," Akaashi told the third year, making the older boy flinch.

"Were you actually using your head? You're going to get a fever," Kageyama said.

"You're the only one who doesn't get to say stuff like that to me," Hinata complained.

"Hmph! I'm not going to let them get any more points!" Emi heard Bokuto say.

"I don't think that's going to happen," Akaashi told the wing spiker.

"Akaashi, you should back me up from time to time! Damn that little shrimpy!" Bokuto said excitedly, "We're not gonna lose!"

The game went on, and Emi could see that the team did improve a lot after a week. The game was going surprisingly well, as she saw Hinata and Kageyama block a spike, she also knew that the team was also doing well. She was even surprised that Kageyama also seemed to be doing well after his dump, she also noticed that the tension on his shoulders and with Hinata was not there anymore. I think that they are about to do their quick, Emi grinned as she saw Tsukishima serve to start the game.

As if Hinata read the girl's mind, as soon as Asahi received the ball perfectly, he ran to spike. Emi saw Kageyama's hesitant expression which soon turned into determination. Everything was in slow motion to Emi, she saw as the ball stopped on the perfect stop making Hinata be able to spike it across the court making everyone shocked at the new attack. Emi grinned widely and her eyes shined with pride.

"ALL RIGHT!" Ukai exclaimed loudly.

"What was that?! That was amazing!" Nishinoya shouted.

"Nice, Hinata, Kageyama!" Sugawara complimented the duo.

"You've got to be kidding me! If you're gonna do that, let me know sooner!" Kageyama shouted at Hinata as he normally would.

"I just felt like we could pull it off! Didn't you?" Hinata defended.

"I did, but it was too sudden! I've got to mentally prepare, and stuff!" Kageyama scolded the orange haired boy.

"Who cares?! We actually did it!" Hinata responded.

Both continued to bicker back and forth and Kageyama continued on to glare at Hinata until the said boy compliment him, which made Kageyama embarassed. Emi laughed at the duo, she couldn't stop smiling. It was good to trust them, they were the coolest people Emi ever met.

"You did it! You guys did it!" Hitoka exclaimed excitedly jumping up and down.

"Nice kill Kageyama-kun! Hinata-kun!" Emi told the boys with the same excitement as Hitoka. Both girls' smile went wider as the boys showed their fists to them thanking them for waiting approximately three weeks to see the results of their training.

"I'm so jealous!" Tanaka exclaimed, "Let me be cool too!"

"We can't let them beat us," Daichi said.

"Let's keep up!" Asahi added.

"Hey, hey, hey! Don't get cocky, you guys!" Bokuto exclaimed making everyone even more pumped up for the game to continue.

The game preceeded and Emi sweatdropped as Hinata's and Kageyama's quick attack couldn't work again. I guess, they still need a little more training, Emi thought to herself as she wrote down the notes, But, Hinata-kun and Kageyama-kun aren't the only ones who have tricks up their sleeves.

The game continued and Emi couldn't stop smiling as she saw Nishinoya jump set to Asahi, she was proud of her seniors being able to pull it off even thought they couldn't get a point. Her smile got even wider as she saw how the team's syncronized attack worked against Fukurodani. She was proud that her team was able to improve so much in just one week, she could remeber how messy their attacks were at the biggining of the tranning camp, and it looks like their hard work were finally paying off.

The game continued on and Karasuno's attack were slowly getting better and better the longer they played. Emi continued on to jot down her notes and suddenly something popped in her mind. Ah, if I am not mistaken, Bokuto-san might be almost in his emo mode. Emi, as she spent her time practicing with Bokuto and getting to know the captain, she consequently got to know Akaashi too. When Bokuto and Kuroo would have their own conversation, Emi listen as to how Akaashi had to deal with Bokuto and his moods making the girl sympathize with Fukurodani's setter.

The game went on with Fukurodani's ace not being able to play well against the pressure that Karasuno would put on him. It didn't take long for Bokuto to become depressed as Emi predicted after seeing that the ace missed the point as he spiked it against the net.

"Was that a block?" Hitoka asked Kiyoko.

"No... It didn't seem to make it over the net, so it was a spike miss," Kiyoko said.

"Akaashi..." Bokuto suddenly said making all Fukurodani players flinch, that was fast, the players thought. "Don't spike for me anymore!" Bokuto cried out suddenly calling everyone's attention.

"All right," Emi heard Akaashi tell his captain, "Then please calm down while I don't toss the ball to you," Akaashi finished walking off.

"Does this mean that we have a chance?" Takeda asked.

"Yeah! We can win this match," Ukai said with confidence.

"I don't know what's going on, bit their ace seem to no be doing well. Let's keep up!" Daichi said loudly.

"Yessir!"

"Eh? I don't think Fukurodani will be that easy to beat though," Emi said to no one in particular but her face held an odd scary smile.

"Emi-chan, your dark side is showing," Sugawara sweatdropped at Emi's face.