5. Greed

A/N: Hello! New update (❁'◡'❁)! How are you? Slight long chapter ahead ( •̀ ω •́ )✧ . Also, I wanted to say that the next few weeks are my midterms, so I will do my best to update the edited version of the next chapter (┬┬﹏┬┬) . How is the story so far?

In the morning, right after breakfast, Emi prepared herself to go to Seidou for the first time. Rei did contact her, saying that she would be there to pick her up. Takeda-sensei informed Emi to be back by afternoon before they left Tokyo back to Miyagi. Emi said her 'goodbyes' to the team wishing them good luck before she left with Rei.

"Eh? Where is Emi going?" Kenma asked Hinata.

"She went to see her new school's baseball club," Hinata answered.

"Baseball? New school? Emi is not going to continue in Karasuno?"

"Ah, Emi-chan said that her parents had to move to Tokyo due to jobs reasons, and apparently where they live is close to Seidou High School, so her parents decided to transfer her to Seidou," Yamaguchi answered hearing Kenma's question.

"Seidou High School? I've never heard about their volleyball team, but they have a strong baseball team. They even went to the Nationals a few years back, too," Kuroo joined, "They are considered one of the powerhouses of Tokyo's high school baseball."

"Woah! That seems to be so cool!" Hinata said amazed at the new found information. Everyone in the team thought the same. They knew that Emi was an excellent volleyball player and manager, she would sometimes join them in practice, not caring about playing against boys, they would think that she would continue to be involved with volleyball but instead, she chose baseball.

"Does that mean that we won't be seeing Emi-chan ever again?" Inuoka said a little bummed that he wouldn't see the girl.

"Emi-chan will be with us until summer camp, so you will get to see her again after this," Daichi reassured Nekoma's first year middle blocker.

"She said she will also see if she can watch us if we make it to the finals," Hinata said excitedly, "That's why we can;t

===

"You seem to be close to your team," Rei spoke suddenly breaking the comfortable silence.

"Yeah, we are pretty close to each other," Emi said with a small fond smile, "I am proud of being able to be a part of it. Though, they still have a lot to work on, if they really want to go the nationals."

Rei looked at the younger girl and noticed that the girl was indeed telling the truth. She wasn't someone who sugarcoated her words. It seems like I was able to choose a perfect person to help the team improve, Rei thought to herself with a smile.

"I heard your team lost in the third round of the volleyball Interhigh Preliminaries," Rei informed.

"Ah, yeah. We lost against Aoba Josai by two sets out of three," Emi said bitterly remembering the loss and how the team was devastated by it, "But, it was a good lesson for the team. The thought of a bitter lost makes them hungry for improvement," Emi said as her golden eyes glowed with determination, "I want to see their new weapons during the summer before I start my new trimester in Seidou."

"Interesting. I also see that the third years are continuing on the team," Rei added out of curiosity.

"Huh? Yes, the Spring Interhigh Nationals takes place before their graduation. As long as they have good grades, they can continue in the team for the rest of the year," Emi said happily, "It's different for baseball, right? I heard that the seniors must retire after summer."