A. Koshien

It was a new year. The former third years had already graduated and went their separate ways after graduation. The second years were now third years and the first years were now second years. What could be better to start the school year with Koshien?

Koshien. The stage where every high school baseball player dreamed to be. The place where Seido battled to be in during the summer last year but Inashiro stood in their way. After a tough battle in the fall tournament, Seido was able to stand on the holy ground that every player wished to be in.

"Heading to mound, number eighteen, Sawamura Eijun," the announcer spoke.

"I GOT TIRED OF WAITING!" Now, second year, Sawamura shouted angrily.

"I can pitch till the end though," Furuya, who is now in his second year, said.

"GIVE ME THE BALL!" Sawamura shouted.

"It's a switch for the sake of conquering the entire nation," Miyuki, now a third year, told Furuya, "we talked about this before the match, didn't we?"

Both pitchers glared at each other.

"The next batter's good at hitting inside pitches," Furuya said, finally giving up.

"I KNOW! I JUST GOTTA BE CAREFUL WITH MY FIRST PITCH, RIGHT?!" Sawamura shouted angrily.

"If it was me, I'd have forced him out," Furuya said calmly.

"SHUT UP! HURRY UP AND GO AWAY TO THE LEFT FIELD ALREADY!" Sawamura demanded while Miyuki laughed at them.

"I'm leaving," Furuya said, calmly walking away.

"Well? Are you nervous?" Miyuki asked the boy.

"I'M NOT!" Sawamura shouted.

"As expected, but I already knew," Miyuki teased the boy.

"Eh? You knew already?" Sawamura asked, shocked.

"The crowd's much smaller during spring after all, huh," Miyuki told Sawamura.

"Ah... that's true," Sawamura said, noticing the stands.

"We simply must come here in summer," Miyuki said, "Heh, Furuya made a name for himself in today's match, you know, you gotta show them too."

"Eijun-kun, it's the first pitch!" Haruichi cheered.

"Hyahaha! Don't make a blunder!" Kuramochi added.

"IS EVERYONE WELL?" Sawamura shouted, "NO MATTER WHO OUR OPPONENTS ARE! NO MATTER WHEREVER WE ARE! WE'LL BELIEVE IN OUR OWN BASEBALL! BALLS ARE GONNA COME FLYING ONE AFTER THE OTHER AT YOU ALL! SO EVERYONE BACKING ME UP, THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE!"

"Sawamura-kun is nervous," Haruno said as she heard Sawamura's catch phrase.

"He is definitely nervous," Yui said, "I hope he doesn't trip on his feet."

"I don't think he will... Will he?" Haruno asked, worriedly.

"Anything could happen," Yui said.

Not much to their surprise, Sawamura had tripped on his foot and fell, the ball rolled all the way towards Miyuki, who popped his glove on top of the ball to hide the embarrassment.

"He's red! His face is red!" Someone shouted from the stands.

"He's red all the way to his ears," Someone else added.

Not only Sawamura's face was red, but so was his family's, the cheering squad, the managers, and lastly, the former third years who had come to watch the game.