P. New Battery

"Emi-senpai! We need your help!" Akane came running towards the busy second-year.

"What happened?" Emi asked worriedly.

"Ono-senpai got hurt! I think he broke his finger."

"What?!" Emi sprinted towards the field.

Indeed Ono stood there, with a towel over his finger, containing his tears. Emi wasted no time in grabbing her phone and calling a cab. As Ono left the training grounds with Watanabe and Rei, she was quick to notice how the team's spirit was suddenly gloomy. The young girl sighed and looked straight at the players.

"Don't beat yourselves up," Emi told the players, easing the tension among them, "play like you always did. Ono-san will be fine. Furuya-kun, Kaoru-kun, do your best, stay calm. This is a good experience for you two. If you guys continue to sulk around...." Emi glared at the team and cracked her knuckles, "I am going to kill you all."

The players all gulped before nodding their heads, slightly scared of what Emi would do. She was right though, it wasn't the time for them to stay depressed.

"Then dear friends, let's win this game!" Emi smiled at them.

"YES!"

"She was definitely ready to hit them."

"Emi-senpai is too scary..."

"Remind me to never get on her bad side."

"She looks so nice but there is definitely a devil inside her..."

The first-years whispered among themselves, clearly terrified by their second-year manager and their captain's girlfriend.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"YES, DOUBLE BASE! THE GREAT CHEETAH HAS ARRIVED ON BASE! WITH HIM RUNNING THE BASES, THE GAME'S ABOUT TO GET INTERESTING!" Sawamura exclaimed as Kuramochi reached second base. "HE'S THE STORM VANGUARD OF THE SEIDO BASEBALL TEAM, KURAMOCHI YOICHI!"

Emi carefully watched the game, clearly observing the team. She would usually scold Sawamura for being too loud, but for this game, the players needed this encouragement. Emi wasn't worried for the scorers, but Furuya has been pitching more than he did in the beginning of the game, it was already clear who would be losing this game.

"AND NEXT UP IS THIS GUY! SEIDO'S BABY FACED DEVIL, KOMINATO HARUICHI!" Sawamura continued to shout loudly, slightly frightening the first-years. "Watch out for his venom!"

"Coach!" Emi called Coach Kataoka, .

The man looked over at the girl as she approached the coach as Haruichi hit the ball, allowing Kuramochi to score another run. She was about to say something to the coach, but was interrupted by a certain pitcher, who distracted her from her thoughts.

"YES, YES, YES! THAT'S ONE RUN! THAT'S OUR HARUICHI! IRON HEART! DEMON MENTALITY! SEIDO'S BLACK ANGEL! NOW IS TIME FOR COUNTERATTACK! PREPARE YOURSELVES, YAMAMORI ACADEMY! DAHAHAHA!"

"Is it me, or..." Director Oota looked over at Sawamura in amusement.

"He's yelling more than usual." Sachiko also glanced at Sawamura in surprise.

"But his loud voice is encouraging the team."

"He surely is," Emi smiled softly at the left-handed pitcher.

"What is it that you need, Kobayashi?" Kataoka asked, changing the subject back to why Emi had called him.

"Ah, right. Please switch the players. All of them."