C. Joining

"Are? Haruno, is this the newspaper from Osaka?" Sachiko asked the new second year manager as she joined Yui and Emi in reading the newspaper.

"Yes, Sachi-senpai!" Haruno exclaimed, cutting out a piece of newspaper, "I bought all the newspapers available before we boarded the Shinkansen."

"All of it?" Emi repeated, slightly shocked.

"You're on top of this, Haruno!" Schiko complimented the girl, "Missing the train would've been icing on the cake!"

"Sachiko-senpai, that's a little..." Emi sweatdropped.

The managers were all gathered in the cafeteria organizing the notes on Seido's baseball diary that was given by the former manager, Fujiwara Takako, and also organizing the picture that Emi had taken during Koshien.

"Every time there was a strikeout, the whole stadium would tremble," Yui commented.

"It was so exciting, wasn't it, Yui-senpai?" Haruno agreed.

"Um-mh."

"And that guy was incredible!" Sachiko fangirled.

"Furuya-kun!/Hongo-kun!" Both Yui and Sachiko exclaimed together, "huh?"

"From the other team?" Yui asked incredulously.

"I mean, he was really good," Sachiko defended, "wasn't he, Emi?"

"Well..."

"Sachi-senpai, Emi-chan only have eyes for Miyuki-senpai," Haruno teased.

"Eh~? But we are talking about the pitchers now, so, Emi-chan, who do you think played the best?" Sachiko asked.

"I think both Furuya-kun and Hongo-kun were awesome," Emi said.

"That's not fair! You are supposed to take one of the sides!" Shachiko exclaimed.

"Well... I would have to say Furuya-kun then."

"See?" Yui teased Sachiko.

"Emi! You were supposed to take your favorite senpai's opinion! Hongo-kun is one of the best pitchers!"

"Furuya did just as well," Yui told her friend.

"Oh, did you guys see the spring tournament bracket?" Sachiko asked to change the subject.

"Yeah, the D block looks pretty crazy," Yui said.

"Yakushi and Inashiro are playing in the third round, it's definitely going to be crazy," Emi said as she walked over to the schedule and observed the bracket once again.

"I want to see the game..." Yui said.

"Isn't Yakushi playing at Koshien Stadium tomorrow?" Emi asked.

"Oh. Doesn't it mean that one of them won't get a seed for the summer?" Yui added.

"The non seeds are scarier if they get into a rhythm!" Sachiko flinched, "The team just came home, but they've already dressed and gotten out there. They don't even want to rest."

"They didn't have much time to practice in Osaka," Yui noted.

"I heard the Yamaguchi-kun and Ono-kun have gained weight too," Sachiko commented.

"We need to get ready too," Yui said softly, calling the attention of both second year managers.

"Mm. It's our last summer."

Emi and Haruno looked at each other before turning to the third year in tears.

"Oh, what happened, Haruno? Emi? Why are you two trembling?" Sachiko panicked.