XXXVI. Winter Camp from Hell

The month of November went by very fast. It was finally December, the month where the so called 'Winter Training Camp from Hell' was waiting for the players. Practice has been light these past few weeks and both Emi and Miyuki were happy to be able to finally hang out with each other more often. Miyuki was finally able to practice normally again after three weeks of recovery from his injury.

It was late night, and winter had just started. Miyuki had just finished his personal practice, and as usual, Emi was accompanying him and watching him swing. Knowing it was slightly late for a girl to be walking alone in the streets, Miyuki walked the girl home. The two walked side by side in an comfortable silence until Miyuki decided to break it.

"You doing anything for New Years?" Miyuki asked her.

"Well, I usually stay at home with my parents and we have a feast," Emi said but then remembered something, "but this year they are working during new years..."

"My old man is probably going to be working too," Miyuki answered, "what do you say? We celebrate it together?"

Emi looked at Miyuki and smiled softly, "Sure."

"A date it is, then," Miyuki said.

"Aren't you going home though? To see your dad?" Emi asked him in curiosity.

"I was wondering if you would like to come home with me," Miyuki said putting his head on the back of his head with a sheepish smile, "that's if your parents are okay with it and you too obviously."

Emi's smile widened as she saw Miyuki's small but visible blush, "I would love too, Kazuya."

"New Year it is then."

"Kazuya, you are blushing heavily right now," Emi giggled as she took a good look at the boy holding in her laughter, "is little Miyuki Kazuya so embarrassed to ask a girl out?" Emi said in a baby voice pouting at Miyuki.

"I am not," Miyuki disagreed not blushing anymore, "say, you should be the one embarrassed. Remeber how ugly you looked when you cried?"

This time Emi blushed at Miyuki's teasing, "we promised to not talk about that."

"Oh really? Kuramochi showed me some interesting pictures from you crying after dinner that night," Miyuki smirked at the girl.

"H-He! I am going to murder that cheetah," Emi muttered still blushing, "it's so unfair."

"What is?"

"Taking advantage of a vunerable girl," Emi muttered.

"You? Vulnerable?" Miyuki asked making a face, "That's impossible."

"Hey!"

"But you want me to confess something?" Miyuki asked.

"What is it? Another teasing?" Emi pouted.

"I just wanted to say, no matter how ugly you look when you cry, my feelings for you remain the same," Miyuki confessed with a big goofy smile.

"Idiot," Emi muttered blushing profusely.

"Hihihi!"

===

"Kageyama-kun are you seriously lost?" Emi sweatdropped.

".....yes."

Let's rewind the situation a little bit.

It was a week before winter camp of hell and Emi was just having a peaceful time helping Seido baseball club. Practice has been a little lighter these days, allowing the players to rest and prepare for the winter training camp happening the next week. Emi, as usual, stood beside the managers watching the players do batting practices. It was a normal afternoon practice, well, that was until Emi received a call from Kageyama, who told her rather embarrased about being lost in Tokyo despite Takeda writting him a detailed map about the All-Japan Youth Training Camp.