77

- Strong; One Direction - 
- Forget About Us; Perrie -

Aurora Holland

The room filled more and more with each second that passed, causing my anxiety to grow the more I stood in my spot.

Miles stood next to me, just as quiet as I was. Everyone around us chattered in their own conversations, excitement and nervousness filling the room as one of the most important days of our lives approached.

It was graduation day. Everyone had been anticipating the day, while others were a little sad that their last year of high school was over.

I, personally, couldn't be happier. I couldn't help but feel excited to finally get this part of my life over, moving on from many things.

I've been looking into colleges for the last few weeks, even touring one or two when I found the time. I got a part-time job to begin saving up for college and also looked into transferring to a different store so that I'm not completely jobless when I start going to school.

"Sucks we looked into colleges so late," Miles commented, almost as if he could read my thoughts.

I glanced over at him, seeing his arms crossed over his chest as we waited to be directed towards our seats.

"There's still plenty of options. We basically just missed the early admissions," I told him, twirling my ring around my finger.

"Still," He said. "It's always good to get ahead of things. We've only toured a few and looked into a few others. We need to make a decision soon if we're going to be able to attend together. The last thing I'd want is to have put it off so long to get accepted into the same one and one of us gets in and not the other."

"You're getting accepted no matter which college you choose," I replied. "Worst comes to worst, I can just go to one near you."

"That's not ideal, though," Miles mumbled.

"I know, I'm just saying if the worst were to happen, we'd figure it out. I'd rather be close than not near each other at all."

Miles didn't say anything, probably because he didn't want to sour the mood with negativity. I didn't bother to continue the conversation either, my mind running too much and my nerves bothering me to where I didn't particularly care to keep up with any conversations.

Thankfully, Riverway High allows us to choose who we walk with. We walk out in pairs as we go to our seats, then row by row they'll allow us to stand up and in line to hear our full government names called out while we grab our diplomas.

I chose Miles, as Katherine is only a junior and isn't graduating early. Miles was the best choice - as everyone else either wasn't graduating with us or had already chosen someone to walk with.

Even if everyone were available, I think I'd only choose between Katherine or Miles. I want it to be memorable, to walk with someone I wouldn't regret choosing in the future. These two are my best friends - I don't see why I'd regret choosing either of them.

I heard from Katherine that Elijah and Carter are walking together. This was no surprise since they're best friends and have been for years. I'd also heard from the grapevine that Alexa and Logan are walking together, which also makes sense since she's his girl best friend and Paige had decided to walk with another girl she'd been hanging out with lately named Cindy.

Looking around the room, I took notice of the other duos standing in the organized lines they put us in. Ashley and Maya were together, with Gwen and Kaya right behind them. Lila stood next to a girl I'd never met before, and beside them, Bailey and Cameron stood side-by-side. Griffin and Quinn stood next to each other, Guin nowhere to be seen since she was just a junior.