15

- Crush Culture; Conan Gray -
- Hard Boy; Frawley -
- Lie To Me; 5 Seconds of Summer ft. Julia Michaels - 

Aurora Holland

"Oh, shit," Logan muttered, his eyes on the cars littering the driveway.

"What?" I asked softly, looking up from my bandaged hand.

"I didn't know until just now, but Carter has people over." He glanced over at me to see my reaction.

"People?" I asked.

"Layla, who you met at the party, and a couple of other people." He leaned back in his seat, "I'm assuming Bailey's with her because they're best friends, and I see Eliana's car along with Zahri."

"So I don't know these people," I spoke my thoughts aloud, feeling my stomach fill with butterflies.

"You met Layla and Bailey so you'd know them, but you don't know Eliana or Zahri. I'm assuming if Eliana is here then her friend Lilian's here, and if Zahri is here then his girlfriend Nailah is here. But I could be wrong. There's a chance nobody's even here and they just left cars here and carpooled somewhere." Logan explained.

The way the people's names left his mouth so quickly made me think he was friends with them as well, considering he didn't have to think about whose car was whose.

"We can go somewhere else if you want," He offered. "Or we can hang out with them or even just say hi and go to a different room." He put out multiple options, but I wasn't too sure I knew what I wanted to do.

"I--" I stopped, my face dropping as I saw the familiar SUV whip down the street.

Logan followed what I was looking at, and he just sighed before beginning to pull out. "We won't stay here," He said.

"Thank you," I softly told him.

Just as he pulled out of the large driveway, Paige's car stopped in front of his. She rolled her window down, her eyes landing on me immediately.

A look of shock and confusion covered her features, and it wasn't long before it was replaced with anger.

She was definitely still angry at me from earlier.

"Okay well this wasn't planned," Logan mumbled, seeming to be at a loss.

Paige's eyes flicked to Logan, a smile covering her features. "Where are you going? The party's just starting!"

"Party?" Logan and I asked at the same time. He glanced at me as he put the car back into park, sighing a breath of frustration.

He rolled his window down and leaned his left arm out, putting some of his body weight with it. "What are you talking about?"

"Carter and I agreed to have a small get-together tonight. Nothing big like the other night, just some people from school. Cameron's coming." She explained.

She said nothing about this little 'get-together' to me, probably because she was angry. She was so angry she ended up having Logan drop me off earlier, and although I was originally upset about it I feel thankful now because Logan's managed to make me feel much better after what happened with my mother.

I get she's upset about what I said, but we're also best friends. Why is she letting my opinion bother her this much?

"I don't know if we're too intere--"

"Nonsense! You're a party legend, Jackson, get the fuck in the house!" She cut Logan off, causing him to huff in frustration.

"It's okay if you need to go in there," I said, causing Logan to pull himself back in the car. He looked over at me, so I continued with what I was saying. "They want you in there so you better go."