6

- Silence; Marshmello ft. Khalid - 
- Little Things; One Direction - 

Aurora Holland

"You know, you keep saying that you're not trying to seduce me, but not once have I accused you of doing so." I snapped at the boy.

Of course, due to our height difference, I had to basically snap my neck to look up at him, and I did my best to ignore the feeling of his arms on me. He was still holding onto me, despite having already basically made the decision for me.

Looking down, I noticed our bodies were almost touching. I cleared my throat loudly, causing him to take his hands away and take a few steps back.

"You just look at me like I am," He countered, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I'm just looking at you, that doesn't mean I'm accusing you of anything." I dropped my hands to my sides. "What, you expect all the girls to look at you that way?" Wow, that didn't make sense.

"What? No." He said, "I'm not that cocky."

"Well, it seems like you are," I said, sending him a look.

Usually, I'm not this confident -- and even then, calling this confidence would be an understatement. I'm not used to talking to boys this way, as I usually find myself struggling to form a full sentence and stuttering over my words.

But for some reason, I find myself having certain moments where I can talk to Carter as if we'd been friends for a while. Which is delusional on my part considering we only met a few hours ago.

"Who's assuming now?" He asked. His eyes then trailed to my body -- yet again -- and he let out a deep breath before turning away from me.

I stood in front of the door and watched as he walked over to a giant dresser on the other wall in the room. He sifted through a couple of drawers before pulling a couple of items out. They stayed neatly folded in his hands as he walked through a door and turned a light on.

He came back only a few moments later -- his hands empty. "Clothes are in there, I set a washcloth on the sink as well. Use soap if you need to get the stickiness off."

"You-- you want me to what?" I asked, very stupidly.

He rolled his eyes for what felt like the millionth time tonight, "There are some sweats and a t-shirt on the sink. Wipe the alcohol off and change. I can wash your clothes for you."

"Well, I don't think you'll need to wash my cl--"

"Rory, you're going to be here a while." Carter cut me off. Elijah took Paige to one of our guest rooms, and I think you know where that goes."

"My name's not Rory," I said, ignoring the part about Paige. "It's Aurora."

"You haven't corrected me before?" He made it sound like a question, "Only Logan has, but Logan's a very jealous person."

"Well, he's right," I muttered.

"Rory, please. Just go clean off before you get alcohol all over my carpet. It's new." Carter motioned a hand to the still leaking notepad.

I held it against me again, sighing. I gave up, walking past him and into the bathroom.

After I shut the door behind me, I took a moment to take in the bathroom. It was very modern, and oddly enough matched the bedroom perfectly. It was black and white -- a lot like the bedroom. The parts that were white were marbled, with streaks of black running through the countertops. The light made it look brighter than it was, and I noticed that everything was organized perfectly.