18

- Start Again; OneRepublic ft. Logic - 

Aurora Holland

Leaning back in my seat, I focused on the homework for Ceramics. I was almost done with the draft considering I've been working on it most of today, and next, I planned on working on the homework for US Government. I didn't technically have homework for my painting class since that was more of an in-class type of class. I like to work on my homework in order of my classes, so I know it'll definitely be done by the time I go in the next time I have to be there.

I smiled in success as the draft was finished, and I blew lightly over it to rid of eraser shreds. Once I did so, I pushed it neatly into the folder I had specifically for that class. Then I pulled my US Government homework toward me, opening it and pulling out what I'd need to study.

Someone standing in front of me on the other side of the table caught my attention. I'd been sitting in the upper level of the library on my own, liking it as I was in complete peace and quiet minus the music blaring through my earbuds. I was able to lightly bounce in a dance as I worked on homework without having someone to look at me all crazy and being here saved me the luxury of having to deal with my mother if she were to come home before Jason and my father.

The library at Riverway was huge. It has two levels, the entrance and the main desk downstairs. It was a dream to be here, honestly.

I looked up to see Cameron standing in front of me, Griffin behind him talking to a girl with curly brown hair. It was tied up in pretty space buns, matching her outfit perfectly.

Pulling my earbuds out of my ears, I softly smiled at Cameron. "Hey," I said.

"We've been looking for you," He spoke as he sat across from me.

"How'd you find me?" I asked as Griffin walked around, sitting in the empty spot next to me. The unknown girl sat across from Griffin and on the other side of Cameron, quietly listening to our conversation.

"We asked Paige, who said to ask Logan because he was your ride." Griffin answered, "He said you mentioned something about going to a library after school and considering this is the Riverway Public Library, we just connected the dots."

"Oh, well... what's up?" I asked, turning my music off.

"Everyone's buzzing about that shit you pulled in PE, that's badass," Griffin said.

"You came to tell me what I did was badass?" I asked.

"Well, no--"

"It was!" Griffin cut off Cameron excitedly, "I've been playing basketball with Hanneman for years. He's so full of it. The fact that he purposely chose the most athletic people -- not including Carter of course -- and still managed to lose the game he's the best at? Classic."

"Sometimes being strategic can be useful." I shrugged, tapping my pencil on my US Government folder. "He was an asshole, and he deserved it."

"He's telling everyone you did what you did because you were mad at him for not sleeping with you," Cameron said. "You should be careful around Hanneman. He's the worst guy at Riverway."

"Yet he's popular why?" I asked, "I assumed he was one of the worst guys at Riverway considering when I met him he was bullying a classmate."

"Is that why he doesn't like you?" The girl asked, "I'm Quinn by the way, Griffin's sister."

"Twin, to be exact." Griffin held a finger up in correction. The girl just rolled her eyes in response.

"He doesn't like me because he was bullying some girl in my homeroom and I told him he had a tiny dick." I bluntly spoke, my tone soft as I remembered we were in the library.