31

- boy x; Tate Mcrae -
- Lie To Me; 5 Seconds of Summer ft. Julia Michaels -
- Why Won't You Love Me; 5 Seconds of Summer - 

Aurora Holland

"Holy fucking shit," Cameron said, speaking my thoughts aloud.

The party was much, much bigger than any party I've ever attended. Which I guess doesn't say much when you think about it, because the only 'party' I've ever been to was Logan's almost a month ago. Unless you count the fancy event for my dad's job, but even then it wasn't a party like this.

"I can't wait to get druuunk!" Elijah sing-songed, unbuckling before Carter even parked the vehicle.

It took a good minute for Carter to find a good parking spot, and as soon as he put the car in park Elijah was throwing himself out of the vehicle. Eliana arrived just before us and Z approached shortly after, all of us parking in separate places due to the lack of parking around the giant frat house.

We piled out of the van, Griffin and Cameron immediately making their way over to where Logan stood next to Paige.

Layla and Bailey linked arms as they made their way to Elijah, who was already advancing toward the house full of people.

Guin and Quinn stood next to each other, directly in front of Z and Naia - who was next to Eliana and Lila. It was very obvious who was over the top excited about the party, and who was here to just hang out with their friends.

I stood in the back next to Katherine, making sure to stay by her due to both of us having anxiety when it comes to things like this. Plus it'd be wrong to ask her to come and then immediately ditch her.

I always hated it when Paige did things like this, why would I turn around and do it as well?

"I had no idea it was going to be this big of a party," I said to Katherine, mumbling quietly enough to where she could hear.

"Yeah, it's okay." Katherine breathed out, "As long as I'm not left completely alone."

"I won't leave you, don't worry." I shook my head, holding her closer.

"I mean even if you do, as long as I'm with someone I know I'll be fine. I think." Her big brown eyes danced around the people, avoiding eye contact with anyone who looked our way.

"You think it's obvious that we're high schoolers?" I then asked, remembering that this was a college party.

"I don't know, they haven't kicked us to the curb yet so they might be a little too drunk to realize," Katherine murmured, brushing some blonde hair behind her ear.

The party only got more intense as we entered the giant house. We all walked either next to or behind each other like we were walking through the hallways of the school, half of us scared to move while the other half was greeting anyone and everyone as if they'd known them for life.

I glanced behind me, seeing Paige and Carter together. My brows pushed together as I felt a feeling I haven't felt in a long time, one I knew all too well. It was jealousy, something I didn't expect to feel so soon.

Carter's eyes weren't on Paige, but he was talking to her. She had her eyes on him, oblivious to the party around her which was unusual for her.

I thought she was done liking him.

My heart thumped harder in my chest as I began to slow down, watching them as if they wouldn't be able to see me if they looked up. My heart began to hurt, despite not having any true reason to feel this way. Just because I have a stupid little crush on Carter doesn't give me any extra access to him, especially when it came to Paige.