60

- Torn; Natalie Imbruglia -
- Not Gonna Cry; Emma Steinbakken -
- Wrong Direction; Hailee Steinfeld -
- Heartbreak Girl; 5 Seconds of Summer -
- One Day; Tate McRae -

Aurora Holland

tu mérites tellement mieux que ce que tu as

My brows pushed together in confusion, hating that I'd found yet another one of these notes in my locker. I don't even know what they mean, and I don't think I'll ever find out at this rate. I've gotten myself quite a collection, something telling me to keep the neatly folded up pieces of paper with familiar handwriting as if they mean something to me.

It's probably someone messing with me. These could be insults for all I know, so I don't know why I decided to keep each and every one of these like they have any significance except to confuse me.

Realizing I needed to focus on anything but some anonymous letter, I just sighed as I shoved it in my backpack to worry about later. I continued to go through my locker for the things I'd need after, letting my thoughts drift from the note to other things.

"Rora!" A familiar voice exclaimed. It caught the attention of me and a few other students in the hall, but instead of focusing on them I just looked over to see Logan heading my way.

He wore the same beautiful smile he usually wears, his cheeks a rosy pink as he greeted people in the hallway as he walked over to me. I stayed silent, letting him greet them.

"Glad I caught you," He said softly as he stopped to the left of me. I smiled a kind smile at him as I shut my locker door, shifting the textbook in my hands from one side to the other. "Are you- are you doing anything tonight?"

I looked to see his cheeks a little pinker than they had been moments ago, almost as if he were nervous. "I don't think so. Just the usual study date with Miles after school."

"Would you- do you want to come over? After your study session of course." He asked, messing with the top of his ear. "Have a movie night or something?"

"Sure," I answered quickly.

"Cool, I'll pick you up from your house tonight then?" He asked as another soft smile covered his features.

"Sounds good," I told him. The warning bell rang, and I glanced around to see the hallways beginning to clear out. "I should probably get heading."

"Yeah, me too." He nodded, "See you later Rora."

I nodded and with one last goodbye headed toward my last class of the day. My mind ran through multiple thoughts as I walked, not really paying much attention to anything around me. It was at the point where I knew the school like the back of my hand, so I could easily walk to my classes without having to worry about turning down the wrong hallway.

Something roughly bumped into my chest, and I cursed at myself as my books went flying to the ground.

"Shit, sorry." My head snapped up at the voice, seeing Katherine rushing to help me gather my things.

She quickly realized that it was me she bumped into, and a smile covered her face. "Rory." She breathed.

"Hey," I mumbled, grabbing my belongings.

We haven't talked. Not in a while, at least. The last time we had a genuine conversation was the day I broke down when she saw Logan at my house, and she hadn't really bothered texting me back when I asked to talk on the phone after the day at the bowling alley.

She wasn't required to give me any explanation, but it'd be nice if she at least told me she wasn't interested in being Ashley's friend. Or something. It'd be better than whatever radio silence this is I've been getting lately.