38

- Imagination; Shawn Mendes -
- Something Different; Why Don't We -
- 18; One Direction -
- It May Sound Strange; Spencer Sutherland - 

Carter Jackson

Guilt ran through me as I waited for Rory to get back from the bathroom. She's been in there for a few minutes now, and I know it's probably to get her dress as dry as possible, but I can't help but feel bad.

I pulled my phone out as I waited, pulling up my texts with Elijah.

Dude, this is embarrassing. Sarah White's here and she's totally fucking everything up!

I set my phone on the table, my fingertips getting a little fidgety as I waited. What if she leaves? What if she decides this is the worst night of her life and wants nothing to do with me?

My phone vibrated on the table, causing a loud vibration sound to echo from it resting on the table. I glanced to see Elijah texted me back, and I didn't hesitate to grab it.

Sarah White? Don't believe I know her.

Kaya White's little sister you dumbass.

The sophomore? Why is she there?

I don't know, I guess she works here now. But either way, she's already been rude to Rory and now Rory's been in the bathroom for like five minutes because she poured water all over her.

Fight the bitch

duh

Elijah, be realistic please I'm totally freaking out

Carter Jackson??? Freaking out??? HELL FROZE OVER DIDNT IT 
seriously though what is this girl doing to you

I don't know but I'm scared

It's just Rory there's nothing to be scared of mate

She's 'just rory' to you but not for me

yeah yeah ik ik I've heard the whole thing. I doubt she's going to think any differently, dude. just wait and she'll come out, and i guarantee everything will be okay

I didn't respond, because I didn't think there was a need to. Elijah wasn't going to take me seriously, and I honestly didn't blame him. He probably didn't know how to react because I'd never freaked out about something like that, but I had nobody else to tell.

Logan and I aren't close like that - and even if we were I couldn't talk to him about Rory. He likes her too, and it would be wrong to rub it in his face about how close Rory and I are getting.

As much of an asshole he is, he's still my brother and has feelings.

I couldn't let Rory see me panic. Instead, I just gave myself a little pep talk and shoved my phone in my pants pocket so she didn't think I was bored when she came back.