Chapter 56

Omniscient
May 17th 2023

"My dad almost killed Assad a few days ago"

"Killed?"

"Yea, I finally told them that I got kidnapped and it was his fault and then he came over to see why I missed my ultrasound appointment and then they was arguing and my dad grabbed him by his shirt"

"I would be scared, your dad served in the army and is very muscular" Cassandra said making Bianca laugh.

"How's you and bryson?"

"We're great, I accidentally said 'i love you' and I ran from him for a week but then we talked about it and the feeling is mutual" she says with a smile.

"Awn that's so cute, I'm happy that your happy stinka"

"I told you to stop calling me that, that name is so stupid and I hate it"

"Okay my fault—stinka" Bianca said making Cassandra roll her eyes.

"Anyway are you excited to graduate?" Cassandra asked Bianca.

Bianca sighed, "I'm not graduating"

Cassandra furrowed her eyebrows, confused at her friend's statement.

"What do you mean?"

Bianca hesitated before answering her friend but she was sure about her decision. She was going to drop out, work up the baby come and get her G.E.D.

"I'm not going back to school, I'm dropping out"

"No you're not" Cassandra said shaking her head.

"Yes I am Cassandra, I'm going to be a mom soon and I have to make sure I have enough money to take care my baby—you can't change my mind"

"Bianca I get that you're focusing on your child, and that's amazing but this is our last year, in fact this is our last month and you're not going to finish it?"

"Cassandra—no Bianca this makes absolutely no sense and this decision is completely absurd" Cassandra cut Bianca off.

"Cassandra you're wasting your breath trying to get me to change my mind—I don't care what you think about my decision—in fact I don't care about what you think at all, this is my life and I'm going to do what's best for me" Bianca shrugged.

Cassandra scoffed in disbelief. She didn't understand why Bianca would say something like that. Sure she was being a little pushy about Bianca dropping out but it just didn't make sense to her, especially when they only had one month left.

"I—um-I'm going to go" Cassandra said gathering her things and putting on her shoes before leaving her best friend's house and getting into her car.

She sat there for a moment before deciding to call Bryson to see if he was home.

"Hey baby" she spoke when he answered the phone.

"Wassup mama, you look pretty"

"Thank you honey" she spoke before continuing, "are you home?"

"Na but I'm on my way now, why?" He replied stopping at a red light.

"Can I come over?" She said with a slight frown.

"Yea why you frowning?"

Cassandra sighed, "I'll tell you when I see you, do you want some wings?"

"Yea, I'll cash app you" he spoke making Cassandra shake her head.

"No I have the money" she replied seeing a notification from cash app.

"Bryson I told you I have the money" she said before speaking again, "oh my gosh and you sent way more then it's actually going to cost"

"Get the wings and keep the rest, I love you" he said before hanging up. He did that before he knew she was going to go back and forth with him about the money.

——————

"I missed you" Cassandra sighed as she hugged Bryson.

"I missed you too" he whispered in her ear and spoke again, "you look pretty"

"You already told me that but thank you" she smiled and they pulled away.

"How was your day?" She asked as they began eating.

"Good but im tired though" he responded as he dipped his chicken into ranch, "why you was frowning earlier?"

Cassandra sighed, "me and Bianca got into a disagreement"

"Disagreement?"

"Yes, she told me that she was going to drop out and get her G.E.D but I was confused because we only have a month left of school before we graduate"

"Mhm" he eyed her as she explained.

"Then she said that she doesn't care about what I think and that I can't change her mind"

"I mean you can't but how that make you feel?"

She swallowed a fry before answering, "upset because I understand I may have been forceful but she didn't have to say something like that"

"you should've heard the way she said that, she sounded so cold towards me, like she didn't who I was, like we don't have a ten year friendship" she spoke as tears pooled in her eyes.

Bryson wiped his hands and pulled Cassandra close. He wasn't great on comforting but he was definitely going to try.

"Don't cry mama" he said as he heard soft sniffles.

"Over the past two-three months I felt like our friendship was disintegrating" she cried.

"Does she know how you feel?" He asked.

"No—she probably isn't going to care anyway"

"Tell her how you feel and stop crying, you too pretty ta' be crying" he said before pecking her lips.

"Ima hop in the shower real fast, you spending the night?" He asked walking to his refrigerator and placing the rest of his food in there.

"Yea" she answered kissing his lips before watching him go into the bathroom.

After ten minutes she got bored and pulled out her phone and called her mother to let her know where she was.

"Hey mommy"

"Hey, where you at lil girl?"

"Bryson's apartment, I was calling to let you know where I was and that I'm going to spend the night over here"

"I thought you was over Bianca's?"

Cassandra frowned, "I was but she-um- she wasn't feeling too good" she lied.

"Oh well tell her to get better and ask her to come to the cookout on the third also tell my future son in law I said hello"

"Okay love you ma" she laughed.

"Love you baby—oh! And you father would like to see you some time"

Cassandra furrowed her eyebrows together, "why would he want to see me?"

"Because you're his child and he's your father"

"Sure I'm his child but he's barley my father—he has other kids to attend to, tell him to leave me out of it"

"Cassandra—I'll talk to you later ma" she cut her mother off and hung up. She didn't know what the universe was testing her today but she was over it and just wanted to get some sleep.