Chapter 20

Bryson
December 16th 2022

"Bryson you have to go to class or you're going to be late" Cassandra said to me as I walked her to her third period class.

"It's fine, ima get you to class first" I said making her smile and look down at her intertwined hands, "okay".

As we're walking we walk past a group of boys making her put her head down which made me furrow my eyebrows together.

"Really Cassie you gon actually leave me...you a thot" one of the boys said making me stop walking and look over at him.

"Bryson come on" Cassandra said trying to pull me so I could keep walking.

"You gotta problem light bright" the boy said getting in my face. "The fuck you just call m-" I started to say before Cassandra cuts me off.

"Bryson don't...just come on" she says looking me with an anxious expression.

"Please" she said sensing my hesitation, "okay" I said finally walking away. As we are walking away I over heard what the boy said "he a bitch bro"

"You know who that was" I asked her making her clear her throat before responding, "yea"

"Who is he"

"My ex" she mumbled

"He a dickhead" i said as they finally made in to her classroom, "thank you for walking me" Cassandra said as she smiled looking up at me.

"When class over stay here, I'll come get you" I said to her making her say 'okay'.

She hugged me around my neck while I hugged her waist. "Bye bry" she said before she walked in the classroom.
——————
Bryson pov: end of third period/lunch

"I got an 95 on my test" Cassandra says as soon as she sees me.

"Good job" I said as she took ahold of my hand.

As we turned the corner I cleared my throat "we gotta go to the front so I can get my food"

"Okay"

"You got food"

"No, didn't make anything and I'm broke" she said looking at me.

I didn't reply as we approached my dasher
"Thanks" I said grabbing the bad and started to walk downstairs to the cafeteria.

"What did you get" she asked smelling the bag making me laugh, "chipotle" I responded.

We walk and sit at me, jahmir and kahlil's table. "Wassup" I said as we sat down.

"Jahmir talkin bout somethin wit a girl" kahlil said answering my question before looking at Cassandra, "waddup" he said making her wave.

"Wassup nigga and..." jahmir trailed off making me smack my teeth, "Cassandra" I said. "Right wassup Cassandra" he finished his statement.

"Hi" she said lowly. I took my bowl out of the bag and opened it. I gave her the spoon that came with the bowl and got up to get another spoon.

"Why'd you give me this" she said in confusion.

"Cause you bout to eat" I said moving the bowl between us.

"Nigga listen" jahmir said gaining my attention.

"I am nigga"

"Like I was sayin, this girl ass so big I heard that shit thunder clap while she was walkin towards me. I was like I gotta hit that" jahmir said before drinking his Gatorade.