Chapter 5 pt2

October 7th 2022

Assad took shot to shot until he broke the shot glass and took the bottle of Hennessy straight to the head. He cringed at the burning in his chest but didn't stop.
He checked his phone seeing multiple missed calls and messages from Bianca.

Assad instantly felt guilty that he forgot to pick up Bianca from school

Assad instantly felt guilty that he forgot to pick up Bianca from school. He puts the bottle on the counter and grabs his keys and walked out the door.

As he drives he squints and scrolls until he sees Bianca's contact, he presses the call button and lets the phone ring but she doesn't answer. So he called and called until she picked up.

"What do you want Assad" Bianca asks aggressively. "Hey mama, I'm on my way to you now" Assad said trying not to slur his words.

"Don't bother coming Assad, I got a ride" and with that Bianca hangs up.

Assad clenched his jaw and gripped the wheel pushing 75 in a school zone. Between Bianca being angry with him and his sister's death date coming up, he was spiraling. He needed Bianca, she was his safe place and keep him balanced.

He was too busy drowning in his thoughts that he almost didn't see the sirens coming up behind him. As he pulled to the side, so did the police truck.

The officer got out the truck and walked towards Assad's car. The officer taps on his window, signaling Assad to roll down his window, and Assad did just that.

"License and registration" the officer said as he carefully watched Assad's every move. "Hea' ya' go" Assad says giving the officer his license and registration. The officer smells the alcohol on Assad's breath.

The officer takes it and walks off to his truck, he checks to make sure everything is correct and up to date, before he goes back to Assad he grabs a breathalyzer and walks over to Assad and gives him his papers back.

"Are you aware that you are going 55 miles over the speed limit?" The officer asked.

"No sir I didn't but I was in a rush" Assad replied calmly.

"Can you breathe into this real fast".

Assad hesitated before grabbing the breathalyzer from the cop. The cop sensed his hesitation and questioned him for it. The breathalyzer beeped and the officer took a look at it .10.

'Shit' Assad thinks.

"I'm going to need you to come with me young man" the officer said stepping away from Assad car door, so he can get out. Once he was out the car, the officer turned him around and placed handcuffs on Assad's wrists.
—————————————-
Bryson, jahmir and kahlil are all in kahlil's car on their way to get some food. As kahlil and jahmir are having their own conversation Bryson's thoughts drift away to Cassandra. He didn't know why, it just happened.