Chapter 11

CASSANDRA
October 29th 2022

"And then you gently mix the batter on a low setting" I said to Bryson. We're over my house cooking, well baking cupcakes that I saw on TikTok.

"Like this?" He mumbled making me look over at the bowl "yes good job" I said and he smiled.

"Whats next"

"So it says to pour the batter into the tray, evenly filling each hole" I said making Bryson laugh, "what's funny?"

"Nothin, you wanna pour it?"

"Yea" I said and he moved so I can pour the batter into the tray, his phone rang making him look down at it "hold on"he said before walking into the living room .
————————————
BRYSON POV:

"Wassup" I said to jahmir and kahlil on the Group FaceTime. "Wassu-" kahlil was saying before jahmir cut him off, "nigga whea you at?" He said.

"Im at Cassandra's house"

"Mir that shit was so fuckin fed bro" kahlil said.

"Yooo lil, this nigga over ha' house and saying full fuckin sentences and shit" jahmir said setting his phone up ignoring kahlil.

"Nigga shawty got you sprung" kahlil said laughing.

"Yall fuckin?" Jahmir said making my eyes go wide. "Yo mir, yo ass fuckin crazy" kahlil says laughing.

"No nigga we just friends" I said clearing the air. "Yall niggas stupid I'm dipping" I said hanging up and putting my phone on DND.

I walked back in the kitchen seeing Cassandra bent over putting the cupcakes in the oven.

Ohhhh wowwww.
——————————————
CASSANDRA POV:

As I was putting the cupcakes in the oven, Bryson comes back in the kitchen and I stand up closing the oven door.

"Sorry bout that" he said making me confused "about what"

"The phone call, it wasn't important"

"Oh it's fine" I smiled at him. "Can i use your bathroom?" He asked in a rushed tone. "Yea, is everything okay"

"Yea" he said before rushing to the bathroom.
—————————
About five minutes later he comes out of the bathroom. "Igh whea we at?" He said.

"We have to let them sit for 10-15 minutes"

"Okay"

"Wanna play gta?" I said making him look at me crazy "what" I said laughing at his expression.

"You play gta?"

"Yeaaaaa"

"Igh let's play"
——————————————
"I ate that uppppp" I said to Bryson walking back to my kitchen.

He laughed "you didn't"

"Bryson you are literally a hater" I said rolling my eyes while putting on my oven mitts.

"All you did was steal cars and run over people"

"Is that not the point of the game?"

"No Cassandra, you got missions and shit to do" Bryson said as he watched me open the oven and take out the cupcakes.

"Boy whatever"

"We gotta put the icing on them" he said grabbing the frosting. "No we gotta let them cool down or it'll melt off"