Chapter 41

Omniscient
February 28th 2023

"Me and Assad broke up again" Bianca said with a frown, "well he left me"

"Again?, what happened this time" Cassandra asked.

"He basically said that I was being a shitty girlfriend" she said playing with her food.

"That's so mean—maybe it was for the best if he's saying things like that to you"

"No—he was right, I was being a bad girlfriend" she said before continuing, "I wasn't giving him time to process and prepare for everything that's happened—and I was putting my hands on him" she said ashamed.

"Bianca—why would you put your hands on someone, especially someone who loves you"

Bianca sighed, "I don't know—it was the hormones"

"I don't think that's how it works b"

"I know I know and I feel guilty because this is my fault" she said with tears in her eyes.

"It can't entirely be your fault—he could've did something too"

She sniffed, "okay"

"So I'm not a virgin anymore" Cassandra said looking down at her food.

"What?!" Bianca slightly yelled.

"Yea"

"How was it?"

"Great—he decorated a hotel room, it was so cute" she smiled thinking about how the room looked.

Bianca frowned thinking about how her Valentine's Day went. She was a little jealous of her friend's relationship was so much better than hers. She wished that her and Assad could've done something like that but instead they were arguing.

"That's so cute—I'm happy for you guys" Bianca smiled weakly.

—————

"All I'm saying is, your papí still loves you and that isn't going to change hija" Carmen said to her daughter as they sat in her room.

"Ay dios mío—mi nieto!" She exclaimed looking at the ultrasound pictures.

"I wish dad was excited like you" Bianca mumbled, "are you ashamed that I'm pregnant?"

"Ashamed, no—however I am disappointed that you couldn't wait until you were out of highschool"

"Mamí I did something wrong" she said before continuing, "I was very mean to someone I love"

"Well sometimes we hurt the people we care about even if we don't mean it" Carmen said rubbed her daughter's hair.

"Mi niña Bonita" she complimented before speaking again, "it's going to get better—everything happens for a reason"

Bianca sighed hoping what her mother told her was true, she hoped that everything would be better and her and Assad would get back together to raise their child but she wasn't sure that it was going to happen.