Chapter 38

Bryson
February 22nd 2023

"I need your help"I said to Cassandra as we sat on my mattress on the floor in my new apartment. I moved out four days ago.

"With what?"

"Decorating" I mumbled.

"Yea I can help, I love decorating things" she said laying on her stomach watching TikTok's.

"Yo butt so fat" i muttered looking down as i started rubbing it.

"Stop being grown Bryson" she said laying on her side.

I smacked my teeth, "grown? You the grown one, I seen you naked"

"Can you stop being nasty" she said rolling her eyes making me take her phone out her hands.

"Why did yo-stop playing cas" I said, cutting her off and hovering over her.

"okay" she said softly making me lean down and kiss her. "Mmmm" she hummed wrapping her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist.

I pulled away and she stared kissing my neck,"We not havin' sex cas"

"That's fine" she kissed me twice before continuing, "I just wanna kiss—and watch a movie"

"I ain't got shit in here yet"

She thought for a second, "that's fine, we can just kiss" she said before placing her lips back on mine and shoving her tongue in my mouth.

She a freak

"You so beautiful baby" I said looking down at her.

"Thank you" she said hiding her face in her hands.

We sat in silence for a moment before I spoke up.

"A recruiter was at the game yesterday and he gave me an offer" I mumbled staring at the ceiling.

"Oh my goodness, that's good baby" she said smiling at me before speaking, "I'm so proud of you Bryson" she said looking me directly in my eye.

Ain't hear that shit in a minute

"Thanks" I said lowly.
———————————
Bianca

"Why do you keep doing shady stuff when I come near you" I asked my dad. I left Assad's house and came back home. My dad wasn't happy about it because apparently "I'm being grown" but whatever.

"You ain't this attitude shit ain't gon slide in my house" he said looking at the movie him and my mom were watching.

"Ay dios mío" my mother said before speaking again, "don't start this again"

"Tell your husband mamí, not me" I said grabbing a bag of sweet and spicy Doritos and put hot sauce on them.

This is too good but this nigga playing wit me

"That mouth gon get you caught up Bianca—I'm warning you, I'm not the one"

"Youre warning me?—what's gonna happen if I don't listen?" I challenge him.