Chapter 54

Omniscient
May 5th 2023

"All seniors report to the auditorium" the principal announced on the intercom.

As Cassandra packed up her belongings she heard Siri's voice in her AirPods making her pick up her phone seeing a message from Bryson.

She put her bookbag on and walked out her classroom, seeing Bryson leaning on the lockers that were next to the classroom.

"Hey baby" she said kissing his cheek. She didn't like PDA, it made her uncomfortable knowing people could see her like that.

"Wassup mama" he said grabbing her bookbag off of her.

"I could carry it" she says as they began walking to the auditorium.

Bryson shrugged in response. He knew she could carry it but she didn't have to when he was with her.

"Are we sitting with jahmir and kahlil?" She asked walking in as he held the door open for her.

"Yea" he answered looking around for his friends.

"NIGGA WE OVA' HEA'!" A voice yelled gaining the couples attention, making them walk towards the duo.

"Why you so loud?" Bryson asked sitting down.

"Nigga if it wasn't for me yo' blind ass wouldn't find us—hey bestie"

"Hey jahmir" she said with a smile before turning to kahlil, "hey kahlil"

"Waddup" he nodded his head at the couple. His eyes were red and low.

"Wassup" Bryson said back.

"Are you high?" Cassandra asked.

"Yea" he said lowly.

"Can I please get your attention students" the principal spoke into the microphone as she stood on the stage.

"Well this is your last full month as a highschool student—today you will be getting your college acceptance letters. We will be calling you by the letter of your last name" the principal said before calling up everyone with the letter 'A'.

"Oh my goodness I'm nervous" Cassandra said fiddling with her nails making Bryson grab her hand.

"My hands are really sweaty"

"Ion care" he said pulling his hood over his head.

30 minutes later

"H, come on up"

"Baby I'm scared, what if I didn't get into any colleges I applied for? What if they see that I failed one class in ninth grade and think I'm a failure?"

"Mama chill, you got this shit"

"But what if I didn't get it?"

"You did so don't worry if you didn't, now go up there" he said before pecking her lips.