Chapter 49

Omniscient
April 10th 2024

"Does that feel good baby?" Cassandra asked Bryson, referring to what she was doing with her hands.

"Mhmmmm" Bryson hummed with his eyes closed.

"Good"

"Go lower" he mumbled into his arms as he laid his head in them. Cassandra took his request and went lower. She took her hands off his back to pump more lotion on her hands.

"Right here baby?"

"Yea mama" he said. She had went to his practice which was a good thing because he was too tired and sore to drive. He didn't want her to give him a massage at first but she insisted.

"When are your practices over?"

"They all year around—unless you sick" he mumbled making her frown.

"That's not right, you guys need rest" she said softly.

"I'm good baby" he said before speaking, "sing for me"

Instead of responding she just smiled and went back to singing. She sung sometimes. People always told her to pursue singing but she didn't want to. Bryson always found her singing peaceful to him.

"I will love you anyway—Even if you cannot stay—I think you are the one for me—Here is where you ought to be—I just want to satisfy you—Though you're not mine—I can't deny you—Don't you hear me talking baby?—Love me now or I'll go cra-" her voice was cut off by a knock on the door, making his eyes open.

"Are your friends coming over?" She asked looking in his tired eyes.

"Na" he said tapping her thigh making her get up. He threw on a t-shirt before walking towards the front door.

"You just pack up and leave ya' father?!" Lloyd said angrily as soon as Bryson opened the door.

"How the fuck you find me?" Bryson said with furrowed eyebrows.

"Afta' all I did for you and yo' momma's ungrateful asses" he said making Bryson clench his jaw.

"Baby who is it?" Cassandra said walking up behind Bryson, seeing his father.

"Oh you've run off with some bitch—im surprised you still around baby doll" Lloyd said biting his lip at her appearance.

Cassandra felt her stomach turning after Lloyd's statement and the looks he was giving her. Bryson sensed her uncomfortableness and spoke up.

"Watch ya' mouth when you speaking to my girl"

"I taught you how ta' be a man and this how you treat me?—you get that shit from ya' momma"

"Watch yo mouth"

"You're mother was an idiotic whore who disrespected me every chance she got—I had to teach her how to behave"

Cassandra saw Bryson's fist's forming like he was about to punch his father but she grabbed it and spoke before he could.

"Go home Lloyd—you have nothing left, just go" she said before closing the door and locking it.