Chapter 52

Omniscient
April 23rd 2023

"I was talkin' ta' this girl and she asked my age, so I tol' ha'—tell me why she talm bout 'you just a baby', bitch this dick ain't, so you tryna fuck or not" jahmir said as the group sat in the cafeteria.

"Nigga" kahlil said, "you always take it too far"

"We ended up fuckin' fa' two days" jahmir continued ignoring kahlil.

Kahlil smacked the back of jahmir's neck, "you gon' stop ignoring me bitch"

"Fuck you bitch—aye nigga you good?" Jahmir said waving kahlil off and noticing Bryson in a trance.

"Aye nigga" jahmir said snapped his fingers in Bryson's face.

"What?" Bryson mumbled.

"You good?" Kahlil asked.

"Yea"

"The fuck you zoned out fa'?" Jamir asked.

Bryson just shrugged, making his friends confused and concerned. Truth was that for the past week Cassandra's 'I love you' was stuck in his brain. He didn't respond in the moment, not that he really had a chance too but he didn't know what his answer would be.

"AYE SIS!" Jahmir yelled across the cafeteria once he saw Cassandra, in the process gaining everyone's attention.

Cassandra looked at jahmir and gave him a small smile and a wave. Her eyes soon traveled to Bryson.

They made eye contact for five seconds but to them it felt like an eternity. Cassandra put her head down and walked out the cafeteria. A week has passed and she's still avoiding him.

"Wassup wit' yall?" Kahlil asked seeing that the couple was off.

Bryson just shrugged.

"FUCK YOU DO TA' MY SISTER NIGGA?!?" jahmir yelled.

"Shut the fuck up dummy" kahlil said.

"Nigga hush—what you do ta' her?" Jahmir said holding a hand in kahlil's face.

"Nothing" he muttered.

"Y'all break up?" Kahlil asked, smacking jahmir's hand.

"Na"

"Fuck going on?!" Jahmir yelled lowly.

"She told me she love me" he mumbled making kahlil's eyes go wide and jahmir's mouth drop.

"I ain't say it back" Bryson said making jahmir smack his lips.

"Why the fuck not"

"I didn't get the chance"

"You love ha'?" Kahlil asked.

"..."

"AWL NIGGA NO" jahmir said before dramatically falling out his chair.

"Nigga get up" kahlil said, pulling jahmir up.

"Youn love ha?"

"I do"
———————
                     Cassandra

I sighed as I walked to my locker. School was now over and I had to get my windbreaker out my locker.