Chapter 14

Omniscient
November 13th 2022

It had been a few days since Cassandra talked to Bryson.  She had been calling and texting him but he didn't even read it. He had been ghosting her because he was embarrassed about what happened with his dad.

It was Monday, last time they talked was Saturday. She walked to her history class with her AirPods in blasting touch me tease me by case.

Since Bryson was in her history class she was going to ask him why he'd been ghosted her. She finally reached the classroom and took out her AirPods , walking to her seat.

Bryson had his head down and his beats on so he didn't notice Cassandra coming into the classroom and sitting next to him.

Once Cassandra got herself situated she tapped Bryson on his shoulder making him sit up and look at her.

She smiled finally seeing his face before remembering that she was mad at him.

"Why have you been distant Bryson" she asked straight up making him take of his beats "huh"

"I said why have you been distant Bryson" she repeated.

"I haven't" he mumbled.

"You have—what's wrong"  the girl said getting concerned. "Nothing" he mumbled making her turn his head to look at her, she seen dark bags under his eyes.

"Whats wrong Bryson" she says more firmly.

"Nothing bro I'm good" he replied moving out of Cassandras grip.

"You are not fine Bryson, why have you been ghosting me and why does it look like you are not getting any sleep" she asked him back to back questions concerned for his well being.

"I said I'm good Cassandra, leave me alone" he said before putting his beats back on and putting his head down.

That hurt her a little bit, here she was worried about a person that obviously didn't care about her. It bothered her because they clicked quickly when he let his guard down.

Truth is that he hadn't got any good sleep all weekend because he was working shifts back to back and when he was sleeping, he was on jahmir's couch because his father kicked him out.
—————————————
Assad pov:

I was driving home after getting my money in order when Dre called me.

"Wassup nigga" I said switching lanes. "Wassup, you doing anything right now" he asked me lowly.

"Na, you good" I said furrowing my eyebrows together, "yes I'm straight can you meet up wit me right quick"

"Yea send me yo location" I said before hanging up.
————
I finally get to the location that Dre sent me seeing it was a diner. I get out my car and walk towards the door and look around for Dre.

I see him sitting at a booth with a man with gray hair making me confused. I walk over to the table slowly "aye Dre who this nigga" I said before getting to the table making the man turn around and look at me.

The fuck

"Wassup Assad" my dad says standing up trying to hug me. "Na man I'm good" I said backing up and looking down at Dre.

"This what you called me fa" I said furrowing my eyebrows together, "ta see this bum ass nigga" I yelled a little.

These niggas just pissed me off, especially my fuckin father nigga tryna come back in my life atfa eight fucking years.