Brunch

I cry to myself in Raph and I room, the kids are sleep and Cooper won't stop texting me. I told him to leave me alone but he wouldn't. I hate this, why me? Why am I always the one to suffer. No matter how happy my life becomes something is there to destroy it. My ears perk at a knock on my door. "It's Miko, can I come in?" I quickly wipe my face. "Come in." I try to hide the quivering in my voice. "Are you ok? I haven't seen you since I got back. It looks like you've been crying. Oh no is it post partum depression?" I look up at her tilting my head. "It's something that happens to mothers after having kids especially first time mothers. They go through a lot of emotions and get depressed and to me, it looks like you are. You want to talk about it? Is Raph not helping much with the kids?" I quickly shake my head. "That's not it, he's doing great as a father I'm just emotional right now that's all. There is nothing wrong at all I promise." I lie. She hums her lips twist a bit. "Ok whatever you say. You and the kids need fresh air let's go out for brunch. It's a beautiful day outside the west he is to perfection. Come on, get dressed, I will help you with the kids." I slowly but gradually get up. I look in the closet and grab a black sundress with floral designs on them and black flats. "You look so cute!" She dressed my kids up for me and we head out.

I sit at the table outside with Miko and the babies reading the menu. "Don't worry they have vegan options as well you just have to fine them. If it has a v it's vegan." I look down and see vegan pancakes, I guess I will eat those, they sound good. I look at my kids they're sound asleep. "Have you thought about my offer?" I nod. "I would like to be your partner." She smiles. "great! I will have the papers ready for you by tomorrow my lawyer will also help with the process." Our waiter comes up to us with his notepad. "Are you ready to order?" We nod. "I will have the Benedict's." He nods then looks at me. "I will have the very berry pancakes." He hums. "Good choice, it's my favorite on the menu. I will have your orders out in a few." He walks away. "Hey ladies." I stiffen. Cooper looks at me with a big smile, behind that smile is a plan. "I'm on a bit of break, can I join you ladies?" He opens the gate, pulls up a chair and sits next to me. "Sure it's not like you gave us a choice since you basically forced your way into our little group." He takes my menu looking through it his other hand rest on my thigh making me tense. "Hey hands where I see em freak." Cooper removes his hand from thigh. "Freak? Can my hand not be under the table." She points her knife at him. "I don't trust you, there's something about you I don't trust." Leo said the exact same thing. "You shouldn't point a knife at a cop." Miko rolls her eyes. "Kiyoko, sit next to me I want to show you something." I scoot my chair over to her and sit. She takes my hand under the table and gently squeezes. A small smile show on my face. Our waiter comes back to check on us. "Oh I didn't know you had another guest with you. Are you ready to order sir?" He hands the waiter the menu. "Strawberry crepes and a lemonade." The waiter nods and walks away. "What are you gorgeous ladies up to?" I open my mouth to answer when Miko speaks first. "None of your business." She sips her drink ignore his staring eyes. He looks over at me and I look away. "How is the mommy life, your kids seem to be resting well." Miko pulls the stroller closer to her. "They had a big meal." She says coldly. "The mother life is nice." The table is silent again, you can the tension with a knife.

I looks between Miko and Cooper as I eat. The atmosphere is intense between Miko and Cooper. "How is your Benedict?" I ask her trying to start a conversation and lighten the mood. "It's great! I would give you some to try but of course you will just throw it back up. Can I try your pancakes it looks good." I nod watching her cut a piece and taste it her eyes widen. "That's amazing! I should have gone for the pancakes." She grabs my napkin and wipes my cheek. "Can I taste?" Cooper asks. "No!" Miko says harshly. He gives her a smug look. "I think it should be up to Kiyoko if I can try her pancake or not." Miko looks at me. "Do you mind Cooper trying your pancake?" I slowly nod not looking at him. "I don't mind." He takes a bite and nods. "It's good, good choice Kiyoko." I slow down on my eating getting full. I drink my orange juice so the food will go down easily. "Are you getting full already?" Miko teases and I nod. She wraps her arms around me with smile. "You're so tiny and cute! Eat two more bites then you're done. ok?" I nod. "I noticed you haven't been eating much, you've been putting all your energy on your kids that you forgot to make sure you get the nutrients you need. You're a good momma Kiyoko." I take two more bites of my pancake and drink the rest of my orange juice. Cooper's eyes roam my body as he sips his drink. "Raph is lucky to have a gorgeous girl like you." Miko picks up her knife and points it at him again. "Back off freak." He holds his hands up with a smirk. "I'm just talking, chill." He lays some cash on the table and gets up. "It's enough for the two of you as well. See you girls later." Then he leaves. "Something is not right with him at all."