Chapter 94

Farmers who moved here from Tongzhou work as soon as the sun rises and earn income every day. Except that they did not farm according to the season this year, their days are similar to those in Tongzhou.

Everyone came to this wilderness and wanted to start over, so they gave this place a name.

Surrounded by mountains, it is simply called Lincun.

They fled and never settled in a nearby county, so they were not actually considered a village.

However, once they go to the county to register and settle, they have to pay taxes and food to the court in accordance with local regulations. Their current conditions are simply unable to pay.

Furthermore, I haven't heard of any policies to favor refugees in Chongqing. Instead of paying taxes in vain just to settle down, it's better to wait and wait until things settle down.

Although he had to be called a refugee or even a gangster before his eyes, it didn't have any impact in a place in the wilderness where even a single person was rarely seen.

The villagers were busy helping each other build shelters, and Huo Shu took people up the mountains to hunt almost every day.

The last time I went back to the mountain, I never came back empty-handed. One day I was a chicken and a rabbit, and the next I was a pig and a roe deer.

The Ji family's large garden soon had more than a dozen pheasants and two large nests of rabbits.

In addition to the meat strips brought from Tongzhou, there is also a lot of newly smoked wild meat jerky in the kitchen house.

Taoyu is not allowed to go up the mountain. With these living creatures in the garden, he also has to work hard. During the day, he goes to the surrounding areas to cut some tender grass to feed the rabbits.

Huang Yinsheng also liked to go to the mountains and bring down some herbs. He also picked up peach elm and dried it for medicine.

The days passed day by day, and it was May in a blink of an eye.

The weather is obviously getting hotter, there are many sunny days, and the days are getting longer without realizing it.

Everyone worked longer and longer, and dozens or twenty foundations could be seen erected in the village, and the appearance of completion could be vaguely seen.

When we arrived in April, there was a large area of barren land. As everyone went up the mountain to cut down trees every day, many paths were formed one by one. After each family selected a land to build a residence, they burned the surrounding weeds and tree roots. Then one family after another, a lot of land suddenly opened up.

Looking over from the other side of the tunnel, we can already smell the smoke.

Although it was already summer, the trees at this end of the mountain forest were lush, and the wind was still quite cool, not necessarily hot. What made everyone aware of the deep summer was the black swarms of mosquitoes.

There are already many mosquitoes in Chongqing, and it is even more serious when surrounded by mountains.

Taoyu had seen the mosquitoes here when she followed the caravan through Yuchang, but she was in a hurry and didn't stay long, so she passed by.

Now that I have settled down here, I really can't bear it anymore.

I went to his ancestor's house to find some medicinal herbs, wrapped them in mosquito repellent incense and burned them.

It's true that you can't leave the charcoal basin in winter, and you can't leave the mosquito repellent basin in summer.

Huo Shu was squatting at the table making some herbal ropes for repelling mosquitoes when he heard the door of the clean room creaking. Immediately, a figure jumped out quickly and turned to the bed.