Chapter 3

At noon, some meals were prepared for Huo Shudan in the hospital. The hospital was so busy with people coming and going that there was only one doctor sitting in the hall, Huang Yinsheng. Outside there was an elderly pharmacist and a pharmacist who greeted patients. child.

Huang Yinsheng didn't have time to write prescriptions for the doctor, and he had to look after Gu Ji Taoyu, so Huo Shu was left to eat first.

The food was placed on a square table in the guest room close to the window, and was served on seven or eight palm-sized stenciled plates. Each one was engraved in blue, which was obviously a complete set.

Compared with the large clay pots and bowls in the northwest, the dishes seem a bit stingy. Although it is small, there are many styles. At a glance, the square table is fully filled, which looks very rich.

Huo Shu also saw such patterned dishes in the northern border, but only in the camps of captains or generals. There is no use on weekdays. If a civil servant comes into the camp, these utensils will be brought out.

Such utensils are fragile and valuable in the north, so not many people use them.

However, Jiangnan is rich in these items, and the more exquisite patterned bowls and plates made in Tongzhou are not very expensive.

The medicine boy pushed open the guest window, and the table immediately became bright. The outside faced a small patio, and several feverfews had already bloomed in advance.

The light falling on the table also makes the food more delicious.

This was Huo Shu's first meal in Tongzhou.

There are three meat dishes on the table: a plate of whole fish two or three inches long, a bowl of roasted mutton, and a bowl of duck meat; there are also two seasonal side dishes, diced lotus root, crispy bamboo shoots, and a pot of unknown name. of soup.

He saw that the food box was brought in from outside, thinking it was the restaurant Huang Yinsheng had specially called.

The medicine boy arranged the dishes and then went out. Huo Shu was not polite and just raised his chopsticks to eat the Jiangnan side dishes that only the generals in the military camp were treated to.

After the storm was over, Huo Shu intuitively came to the right place.

Jiangnan cuisine is rich and delicate, refreshing and appetizing, but if you get used to it, it tastes like a cow chewing peonies.

In the afternoon, Huo Shu rested in the room for a while and then couldn't sit still.

There was water everywhere, so he took some and went to the stables of the hospital to wash his horse.

There is only one donkey in the stable, which Huang Yinsheng usually uses to haul medicinal materials. Unless we are a wealthy family, ordinary people cannot afford to raise many large animals. They are expensive and require a lot of care.

He had nothing to do. After brushing his black horse clean and shiny, he also brushed the donkey.

The water in Tongzhou is gurgling, the stream is uninterrupted, and time seems to have slowed down.

Huo Shu washed his horse and went out for a walk. He listened to the people in the city talking enthusiastically about who was lucky enough to win the lottery again.

The streets are bustling regardless of time of day.

He walked around for a while before returning to Huangji Medical Center as the sun set.

After a busy day, the drug boy had put up a closed sign and was closing the wooden door piece by piece.

Huang Yinsheng frowned and the pharmacist was standing at the door.