Chapter 71

Twenty-five of the dozens of horses at home were sold at once, and they were instantly relieved.

Cicadas are chirping and frogs are chirping. In summer, the days are long and the weather is dry and hot. Time seems to pass extraordinarily slowly.

Although it was slow and leisurely, it soon arrived in mid-to-late June.

The seedlings in the rice fields grow quickly in June, and they will mature in July.

These days, every household in the village pays close attention to the rice. From sowing rice seeds to transplanting seedlings and then harvesting, nothing is done carelessly.

It's just that when the flowers are blooming and the rice is forming, it's just a step away from a good harvest, and there's absolutely no chance of anything happening.

If there is any damage at this time, then this year's work will be in vain.

As long as the rice seedlings are not burned by "will-o'-the-wisps" at night and the weather is stable when they mature and there are no strong winds and showers, then it is the best time.

Otherwise, the ripe rice will be scattered and damaged by continuous rains, and the farmers' thoughts will be completely ruined.

In June, the village gathers a small amount of money to make sacrifices and pray to the gods for good weather.

This morning, Ji Yangzong didn't even eat breakfast and went to work on the sacrifices.

Taoyu had seen a sacrifice, with a pig's head on the prayer platform, some fruit sacrifices, a goddess chanting, and a group of farmers holding incense and kneeling in worship.

Although he felt that these had no effect, because he performed these sacrifices every year, it would still rain when it should rain, and it would be sunny or sunny when it should.

He didn't know whether the people in the village really believed that this would be useful, or whether they agreed with him but didn't say it clearly.

But thinking about it, everyone must have been offering sacrifices and praying in summer for many years, forming this custom.

During breakfast in the morning, Huang Manjing and Taoyu chatted for a while about the village.

"The third brother of the Kong family has decided to take over."

Taoyu drank pumpkin porridge. The pumpkins have grown older this year, so she cut some into them and boiled them into the porridge. It was sweet even without adding sugar.

He thought it tasted good and ate a big bowl. Huo Shu stood beside him and peeled the hard-boiled eggs for him in silence.

After the two of them ate, they went to the city to check out some stores today.

However, the time agreed upon with Chen Pu was a little late, so they were in no hurry to go to the city.

Taoyu raised her eyes and looked at his mother: "With whom?"

"As well as the second son of the Xiao family, you two know it. I followed you on business trips earlier."

Taoyu was surprised when she heard this, but she felt it was reasonable.

He gently poked Huo Shu next to him, who was concentrating on poking the eggs, with his elbow: "He moves quite quickly. How long has it been since he came back?"

Huo Shu responded. It was indeed fast. He had not returned home for half a month.

Huang Manjing said: "People in the village are living a stable life and are aiming to get married as soon as possible. He was married last year, but the marriage has not been decided. He is not young at all, and his family is worried."