Chapter 6

Huo Shu took his simple luggage into a room near the fence of Zhao's house, which was Zhao Changsui's room before.

The room is not big and has a very simple setting. There is also a miscellaneous book on the table that Zhao Changsui read seven or eight years ago, which is a book about strange things.

Huo Shu put the bag on the table and flipped through two pages. There were fewer words and more drawings. It was indeed suitable for someone who had only been in a private school for two years.

Although no one has lived in the house for several years, it is very clean. The tables and chairs are not stained with dust, and there is no moldy smell in the house. It seems that it is cleaned regularly.

Huo Shu put down his book, took out a long silver hairpin from his baggage, and said to himself:

"Now that I have completed half of your entrustment, what about the other half?"

At noon, Huo Shu and Zhao's mother had a meal in the hall.

Although Zhao's mother wanted to treat Huo Shu to a good meal, it was a pity that the past few years had been poor and the family had not saved much food and wine.

It was too late to make some last-minute purchases, so I had to go to a neighbor's house to buy a fish. I also killed the hen that laid eggs at home, cooked the fish and stewed chicken soup, and cooked some seasonal vegetables and side dishes. It was already in time for the richness of the New Year. .

Huo Shu is not picky and eats everything.

On the other hand, Zhao's mother didn't move her chopsticks very much. She looked at Huo Shu eating and felt happy: "Auntie went to buy some good wine in the afternoon and came back. The sun has gone down at night and it's cool. It's nice to drink some wine in the yard."

"Don't bother, it's not easy to go to the city."

"It's not troublesome. There's a wine seller in the village, so there's no need to go to the city."

Huo Shu responded and said, "Auntie, do you know who your long-term mistress is?"

Zhao's mother paused with her chopsticks, but Chad still didn't understand what Huo Shu meant: "Concubine?"

Immediately she laughed: "I was still young when I was working as a laborer. I haven't talked about the marriage yet, and I don't have a concubine as you mentioned. He didn't understand anything at that time, and he was the most active in his work."

Huo Shu's eyebrows moved slightly, this guy is quite dishonest.

"What's wrong? Did Chang Sui tell you that he has a sweetheart?"

Huo Shu looked at Zhao's mother's swollen eyes. She had been gone for ten years now, and she didn't know what had become of her eldest mistress. He was afraid that it would make people sad if he told her about it.

He didn't say yes or no, but changed the subject and said, "I'll have another bowl of rice."

"Hey, okay, Auntie will give you more rice. If you cook a lot, feel free to eat it. You are big, so you need to eat a few more bowls."

After lunch, Zhao's mother prepared some incense and paper money to visit Zhao Changsui's father. Now Zhao Changsui finally had an explanation, and he should also tell his father's spirit in heaven.

Huo Shu also went over to offer incense sticks.

...

"Brother Tao, you are pulling onions. Have you prepared dinner so early?"